Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've taken VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur 's advice and ignored him mate. He's in one of those moods lately where he just has to argue with everyone, relentlessly. Not healthy to keep seeing the same thing happen in every thread, a good discussion derailed irrationally.

It does make page 7 of this thread quite funny - looks like you're talking to yourself! ;)
I tried to discuss it with him and got two fuck you´s and a whiny bitch. And got accused of spoiling a sensible discussion.

They can read yours though Sammy , you do understand that, right? But not after you get put on ignore.

Exactly. Ignore me then....no need to declare because they are so desperate for me to know they are (pretending to) ignore me though..

Nice to see you derailing the thread. Im an argumentative troll. Whats your excuse Mick?

Our defence is an odd thing to behold. I actually think we are very good defensively for the majority of our games the other lot don't usually get a sniff, BUT when they do they score. It's infuriating to see teams score against us with their only shot on target. It makes trying to identify the issue very hard. Every goal is preventable if we over analyse them but I don't see a glaring weakness or a player that is a total liability.

I think our major issues are actually being more clinical upfront. Many of our recent games we should have been out of sight even if we put away half of chances created. If we had done this we wouldn't be talking about the defence because the score is 4-1 for example.

I understand where you are coming from but I disagree that scoring is the problem. We've scored 46 goals this season, United 47. We finally have some extra time to prepare for this one so as long as Poch drills the back 4 and keeps the midfield tight, I fancy us to win.

Kane > Rooney, Eriksen > Mata, and Lloris = De Gea. The rest of the United team are easily got at. They have lost twice already at home this calendar year (to Woolwich and Southampton), Swansea have done the double over them, and we have won on our last 2 visits to OT.

We'll beat them with a good performance but you never know when we'll put in a good performance.

I'm also excited to see what Pochettino can do with full weeks of training from here on in. I remember reading that at Southampton they would play full sided games on Wednesdays where they would instill the tactics and game principles to deal with the upcoming opponent. Hopefully a less condensed schedule will do us wonders.

Yeah cos youre a sneaky fucker who tries to hide his digs in what he thinks is an intelligent post.

I prefer to call you a straight up cunt. A snake is snake Mick, even when its hiding.
go on then quotemeister - where are these snake like hidden digs?
I made no attempt to hide anything - it was all there in plain English.
You don't get it do you Sammy?
Its not raising your concerns about the club, players or manager thats an issue
Its raising fatuous and irrelevant ones, or pointing out the obvious without considering that some things are done - through lack of choice.
We don't have a team of galacticos, just a few ersatz ones who have been found out.
Why do you have to call anyone a cunt Sammy - is it because you can't stand the idea that your opinions aren't always either correct, or held in the same value by everyone else?
I tried to have a discussion with you, but putting my side of your argument - and got met with abuse
Show me where I showed you that level of disrespect.

Exactly. Ignore me then....no need to declare because they are so desperate for me to know they are (pretending to) ignore me though..

Nice to see you derailing the thread. Im an argumentative troll. Whats your excuse Mick?
so far you have pursued your "argument" through 3 threads and created one of your own to give it attention.
Do you want me to create a thread and call it "Sammy - come here I want to argue"?

But you are right - this argument has little place here - so I apologise for derailing the thread about floppy haired Dutch loons.

We'll beat them with a good performance but you never know when we'll put in a good performance.

Be interested to see given the stupid amount of games we have played this year if the long breaks we are now getting will affect the performance. Been an excuse (maybe a good excuse for some of our poor performances) but now we don't have one, a fully fit squad with 7 days rest cannot be pardoned if they play a stinker.

Be interested to see given the stupid amount of games we have played this year if the long breaks we are now getting will affect the performance. Been an excuse (maybe a good excuse for some of our poor performances) but now we don't have one, a fully fit squad with 7 days rest cannot be pardoned if they play a stinker.

There can't be a lack of motivation either.

iMTq6AV.png

Looking at that, we're well in the battle for Champions League.

You are all a bunch of whiny little bitches, you know who you are, and are ruining this forum with your childish squabbling. Ill probably get sinbinned for this comment which is ironic

There can't be a lack of motivation either.

iMTq6AV.png

Looking at that, we're well in the battle for Champions League.

I know there is luck in football, Woolwich got lucky on the poor back pass last night and I accept the result might not go are way but I will be angry if we play badly against a very average United team on the weekend.

Fazio to start for me - air supremacy.

They will punt balls up all day long, and to be fair Fellani has looked more useful of late. Ironically playing in the more advanced position that he did for Moyes when he had that last standout season at Everton.

£27.5 million though.

f8e1ae9005298cce36a689bc89662c2b.gif

I've taken VirginiaSpur VirginiaSpur 's advice and ignored him mate. He's in one of those moods lately where he just has to argue with everyone, relentlessly. Not healthy to keep seeing the same thing happen in every thread, a good discussion derailed irrationally.

It does make page 7 of this thread quite funny - looks like you're talking to yourself! ;)
Yeah well I think sammy is currently challenging the limits of the ignore button. Like you said, it's the same discussion going on in every thread, so even if I don't see sammy's posts all I see right now is five hundred different posts aimed at sammy.

He needs to take a vacation and go somewhere without internet access for a week or two; this really can't be good for his health.

We have nothing to fear. We have put the OT jinx to bed. We can go there and win, the whole team has experienced that bar Mason, Dier, and, considering if they feature, Stambouli & Davies.
All that remains is to see if we can deal with the famous LVG 'total football mark 2'... er sorry 'total Hoofball mark 2.'
It's a vital game for both. I feel slightly more optimistic about this set up's desire to win and feel we will come away with something.

Fazio to start for me - air supremacy.

They will punt balls up all day long, and to be fair Fellani has looked more useful of late. Ironically playing in the more advanced position that he did for Moyes when he had that last standout season at Everton.

£27.5 million though.

f8e1ae9005298cce36a689bc89662c2b.gif

Thinking the same, funny to say it but United are a long ball/crossing team these days and Fazio seems like a perfect fit for this game.

Back
Top Bottom