Tottenham Hotspur v Man United (away)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We won the year before too.....

A really poor game today, really bad, if we would have put in anything like the performance against Woolwich or Chelsea would have been ok, United looked like Fergies united for first time in a long while

Fingers crossed for strengthening in summer, I hope Levy comes up with the goods, he has to

Our young players have given us so much this season but we need that extra bit of quality, our summer signings will make or break us next year, United looked like they had so much greater experience oday.

Fuck sake so any people on here demanding guts from the players but are completely gutless themselves after a defeat and throw all the players under a bus.
We had a stinker today, but what I did at least see was a lot of players giving a shit.

Also annoyed with the post match crowing over the United performance. Yes they did play well, but equally all their goals were complete defence gimmes. It's Man U for fuck sake. They used to play like that every single week for years. They have one game of not being shit and everyone spunks in their jimmies

Mason and Bentley have been brilliant for most of the season. Neither had a great game at all today but it wasn't all their fault. And they're young, they need to learn from it. Hopefully it's part of their learning curve on the way to becoming our central 2 for the next few yeas.

Last season we won at OT, under the unfairly maligned Sherwood.
we also stuck our arses in the air and got butt fucked several times whilst Sherwood sat in the directors box playing with his phone.
The worst thing about today's performance, especially the first half , was that it reminded me of some of the performances under sherwood.
Whilst Im not happy about the result in general, at least its the only time this season we can say that.

If you adopt a youth policy and want to have young players in the team then occasionally this is going to happen. Every so often they're going to turn up to a game and mentally not be up for it as much as their opponents are and start the game slow and never be able to get back into it.
These things happen...
Take the good with the bad,
United wanted it more than us today, they saw Man City loose yesterday and they saw today as their best opportunity to close the gap and place the pressure to get into the top 3 which they desperately need.
Not only for LvG to keep his job but also financially because they went all in this season in the transfer window before the season and they need to have champions league football to probably avoid financial fair play sanctions.
We've reached out ceiling this year, a cup final, europa league knockout stages and a league finish most likely between 5-7.
Not bad for Poch's first season and playing all of the young players that he has and backing himself to drop the traditional club leaders such as Kaboul and Adebayor.

Mason and Bentley have been brilliant for most of the season. Neither had a great game at all today but it wasn't all their fault. And they're young, they need to learn from it. Hopefully it's part of their learning curve on the way to becoming our central 2 for the next few yeas.

He had a below average game but no need to be calling Bentaleb Bentley

Season ended at Wembley, as long as we get European football im happy.

First half today was a total write off, utter shit.

I think you'll find that's the quandary we're faced with... go for Europe, or try and aim to finish 7th/8th and safely away from all that nonsense???
If it ain't CL, it ain't worth bothering with apparently!

Hey everyone. Been out watching the match so thought I'd swing by here and offer my two penny's worth...

We had one of our worst performances of this season. Definitely up there with the Liverpool and West Ham home games.
Why are we inconsistent like this? Not sure - perhaps the youth of our squad.

Furthermore, Man U had by far their best game of the season (at least from highlights and the rare full match of theirs that I've seen). Again, they're hardly consistent themselves.

Those two factors coinciding led to the horror show we just saw. Am I disappointed? Yes.
Angry? Not really.
At least Poch showed some balls and tried changing something early on when it was obvious we weren't working.

Anyway, I hope you all cope well this evening and don't drown your sorrows too heavily. We have nine games left, and just played one of the two we were majorly pessimistic about (Man City being the other).
Football is a funny thing. Burnley can beat Man City. Let's just see what happens and try to enjoy watching our beloved Spurs.
COYS.

Last edited:
Suicide football, going to Munure with a game plan of inverted wingers and a midfield with fight ? Townsend is a headless chicken who provides very little, Chadli was never ever going to bust a gut and poco must learn to play defenensivly sometimes.
If this defines our season then hope we don't qualify for the ropey cup next year, consolidate and allow poco to mould and rear his own team. COYS

All told, this week (Monday onwards) has been pretty shit stain from a Spurs perspective!

The fact ArseAnal have had such a 'triffic week speaks volumes... they must fancy Runners Up spot after yesterday! We're left with picking the bones outta that one...

we also stuck our arses in the air and got butt fucked several times whilst Sherwood sat in the directors box playing with his phone.
The worst thing about today's performance, especially the first half , was that it reminded me of some of the performances under sherwood.
Whilst Im not happy about the result in general, at least its the only time this season we can say that.
Disagree. Stoke Newcastle WBA @ Home. Chelsea away...been here a few times. And each of those performances involved no aggression, lack of commitment & belief. Terrible day.

Walker & Dier. Mason & Bentalab. Kane and anyone of the 3 behind...no links. Too much space = getting royally butt fucked.

Don't think I want to torture myself by reading through the posts, only seen the result and that's enough for me. Onwards, if not upwards, roll on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom