Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City | Premier League | 21st November @ 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some choice cuts from AM:

9568-A328-3-CDE-4100-A776-528343-F4-C063.jpg

927-D4-BCB-780-C-4-B50-A946-F215-ED1-CE974.jpg

EEF3-C60-A-2-E71-42-F0-A0-EA-913-CDE726-BA6.jpg
"We're witnessesing the most depressing time in Woolwich history"

Because when we DID play that way, we came up against teams that did it better. But it doesnt diminish the quality and style of that team, or the beauty of the way they played the game.
Not diminishing it at all. I loved how we played for a period of time. But now I've decided I want us to win and I'll take it any way it's served up to me.

I'm sick of other fans ending every discussion with 'but you've not won anything'. Let's win EVERYTHING and shut them all up!

Rewatching the highlights of yesterday, and my goodness those two assists were glorious.

Tanguy's turn takes out one man, Kane's run takes out two, and Son has just a defender and keeper to beat. Perfectly co-ordinated.

Kane's ball was like it was on a string. It somehow just pulls up for Lo Celso, who still has some work to do but slots it.

We're a very nice team to watch.

Am I the only one who finds it nerve racking seeing us give up possession to teams like city ? Don’t get me wrong I’m not complaining with a 2-0 win and being top of the league and Jose got it spot on yesterday , but even more so after the Newcastle and west ham games I’m always worried we are going to get caught out! But then watching it again on MOTD clearly I had no reason to be nervous as we defended brilliantly ! Toby will be a huge loss though and I just hope Rodon is half as good as Swansea fans say then we will be fine

fuck Everton! it should have been ours

btw weren't we top later in that season Redknapp screwed us over in the middle?
To be honest I’ve no idea. I’m no club stat historian. I just read it and regurgitated it verbatim without any fact checking. Journalism of the lowest standard. Apologies if it’s wrong.

To be honest I’ve no idea. I’m no club stat historian. I just read it and regurgitated it verbatim without any fact checking. Journalism of the lowest standard. Apologies if it’s wrong.
nah just checked, we were 3 points off top on January 11th 2012

you did a top job...for the Sun

Last edited:
Not diminishing it at all. I loved how we played for a period of time. But now I've decided I want us to win and I'll take it any way it's served up to me.

I'm sick of other fans ending every discussion with 'but you've not won anything'. Let's win EVERYTHING and shut them all up!
See my post, its what I said.
My caveat was that if I got to choose, it would be "Blanchflower flavour"
😀

I could watch this gif all. season. long

This actually shows what's happened to City more than what's going on at Spurs. It happened with us under Poch (It's starting to creep into LFC under Klopp, it happened to Klopp at BVB & happened to Pep in his last season at Barca, although they were still immense they relied on Messi who got 43% of all their goals during a time when they and Barca were light0years ahead everyone else).

This City team don't press anymore, don't tactical foul anymore, the time they gave us in the first 15min, in particular, was unreal. The clip shows exactly this.

Unless they start to press again they are in a spot of bother because they take up positions as though they are still a pressing team.

We only played like the above in the first 15mins, which is why I'm saying the clip exemplifies City's performance rather than ours. I really enjoyed the first 15mins of the first half because of this and us winning the ball off them in midfield, then because of the space Citeh gave us we progressed and passed well. We then sat deep and whilst defended very well I think we were fortunate to go in 1-0 (not undeserved but the handball was 50/50 imo).

Second half we were properly good limiting them to long-range shots and hopeful, wasteful low % crosses, we controlled that half completly.

Rewatching the highlights of yesterday, and my goodness those two assists were glorious.

Tanguy's turn takes out one man, Kane's run takes out two, and Son has just a defender and keeper to beat. Perfectly co-ordinated.

Kane's ball was like it was on a string. It somehow just pulls up for Lo Celso, who still has some work to do but slots it.

We're a very nice team to watch.
What was so impressive was that after the game Kane said his short run back and Son's simultaneous forward run was a tactic.

Son's a far far better footballer than any of us could ever even imagine but it's never easy getting a shot off first time when a bobbling ball is coming across you like that. He's one of a few players who I'd actually trust to get that on target, however it was a split second decision and had Kane been onside, it would have been the higher percentage option.
Son wanted Kane to score. That played oart. Son is often too nice.

Also there are plenty that would have called Son a selfish prick had he shot and missed.

Back
Top Bottom