Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton (6th Aug) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scum fans watching us 4-1 up and bringing Perisic off the bench, like...

CoolGoldenBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

Risking neg reps here but I though Emerson really came into the game and was quite good after the first 20 minutes.

He also benefitted from Kulusevski running absolutely rampant.

Between Sess and Royal I think it’s clear that a preseason and getting comfortable with Conte’s style has massively benefitted our wingbacks. They look much more confident in what they’re supposed to be doing.

Deki man of the match for me. Excellent display today. He literally demanded the ball from Emerson because he absolutely had no doubt in his ability to stick it in the back of the net. Which he did with aplomb.

Fave chant today was Eric’s. Got a rousing rendition when he was back defending in front of the South Stand after he scored.

Harry appeared more than a little narked with Sonny on a couple of occasions today. Thought he (Harry) had some excellent touches under huge pressure. Holding the ball up brilliantly and managing to find a team mate.

Ivan looked well up for it when he came on. Sess looks to have come on in bounds, Hot Rod (TM Mrs P) and Højbjerg both had pretty solid games in the middle with the odd mishap which can definitely be forgotten and forgiven considering the overall performance and score line.

All in all a pretty bloody good start to the season. Keep it up chaps. COYS!

Back
Top Bottom