Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They switched off so badly after 3-0, complacently expecting to run the game down with ease. We do not do that well, rarely have. They should know to keep the momentum up. It was a clusterfuck at times in the second half. Some may see it as a steal, especially with that late equaliser, but it was a give-away. Sad to have pissed away 4 points against Newcastle and West Ham the way we have.

There can't be too many clubs where their fans still feel uneasy despite being 3-0 up on 80mins. My dad was genuinely saying at that time that this will probably end up 3-2 or something as we just can't trust that defence. I honestly never felt comfortable the whole of that second half. Madness when you think about it.

Maybe too young to remember the City cup game!

Fuck me, I've got to laugh or I'll cry. That result was just beyond belief. Honestly can't think of any other big club who would screw up 3-0 on 80mins. Really thought we were done with this nonsense under Jose.

We made history today. First team to lead by 3 goals in a game on 81 minutes in the 27 years of the EPL era and fail to win. That’s nearly 11,000 league games we’re talking about. Just when you think you’ve seen it all in terms of our clusterfucks, I never cease to be amazed by our capacity to set new Spursy benchmarks.

Last edited:
There can't be too many clubs where their fans still feel uneasy despite being 3-0 up on 80mins. My dad was genuinely saying at that time that this will probably end up 3-2 or something as we just can't trust that defence. I honestly never felt comfortable the whole of that second half. Madness when you think about it.

Pathetic when you think about it and explains why we are what we are.

The sub of Winks changed absolutely fuck all. The pattern of this game had been the same from the 10th minute onwards. We didn't just take our foot off the gas second half, we were sloppy and allowing West Ham way too much time and space for much of the first half, and I said as much:

For all the good stuff, we are still standing off their players way too much and giving them too much time and space on the ball, sooner or later they'll deliver something decent into the box

This continued and got worse long before Winks came on. There are plenty of individual weaknesses in this team, and the goals were all endemic of those, the fucknugget Sissoko (who did fuck all all game as usual and who Mourinho said "is not a CM" but keeps playing him as one) started their goal spree with an idiotic and completely needless, but typical clumsy foul, then fails to mark his man, the clusterfuck of defending that opens us up for the second, culminating in Sanchez's farcical OG, and Winks dithering on the ball for the third. How about Bale, the player most spent all summer sucking each off over, missing a fucking sitter that would have clinched the game? Other opinions scapegoats are available...

Surely the biggest problem is that we have a manager who in almost a year, and two (kind of) pre seasons hasn't managed to teach a team how to organise itself to prevent teams getting into our box with consummate ease, or how to deal with set pieces. How to protect leads. Some basic mid block pressing. Some tactical pragmatism.

Everton was atrocious. First half against Southampton was the same, we could have 3-0 down. They were just walking through our forwards and midfield and getting into our box at will. Kane (with Son finishing) doesn't have a blinder we probably lose that game based on the balance of play.

Everyone was saying we were on top in the ManU game before the sending off, but I think that game had all the hallmarks of and end to end jamboree before the sending off, neither team looking capable of defending, that game could have ended 5-5 if they hadn't gone down to 10 men.

We even conceded two goals to a team from the Middle East.

We've got a couple of attacking players that have hit a rich vein of form and that is massively papering over the truth, that in a year Mourinho has failed massively to address:

WE CAN'T DEFEND AS A TEAM.

This isn't about defenders or a new CB per se, ours have flaws but only a couple of teams in this league have really decent defences, it's about all the slapdash, wanky, lazy, stupid shit everyone else is doing ahead of the defence that then puts those less than perfect defenders in under pressure.

The one thing you would have hoped Mr Serial Winner would have been able to address was this.

Quick question about the first goal.

We're blaming this one and that one on the pitch. But can someone please explain to me how we had 8 defenders against 5 attackers and yet they had a 2 on 1 at the back post?

2 players to sub on today and would have maybe been useful, I would have looked at Lamela or Lo Celso.

Lamela because he's a nasty player and would draw fouls and frustrate the play which might have been enough to get us through the last phase of the game.

GLC coming on for Ndombele would have been a more equitable swap and given our midfield a bit of addeed function and energy, we might have created a chance for a 4th to kill the game and undercut any belief on their part.

The minute that first goal went in from a free header, their belief went up and we were shown up for some of the earlier scrappy defending we got away with, it is no good having a potent strike force when you can't defend set pieces and retain possession at important phases of the game. It was a stupid result but the signs were there even in the first half.

We made history today. First team to lead by 3 goals in a game on 81 minutes in the 27 years of the EPL era and fail to win. That’s more than 10,000 league games. Just when you think you’ve seen it all in terms of our clusterfucks, I never cease to be amazed by our capacity to set new Spursy benchmarks.
Honestly, It's days like today where I think there's some curse, something rotten in the club's core, some deficient, collective DNA that no matter what we do will always pop up every now and again to bite us in the arse.

Honestly, It's days like today where I think there's some curse, something rotten in the club's core, some deficient, collective DNA that no matter what we do will always pop up every now and again to bite us in the arse.

Managers come and managers go but the shit core of the club can't be changed.

Remember a few seasons back under Poch in the LC when we were 2-0 up at home against these shitcunts and we managed to lose 3-2 ?

.......even when we have perhaps the most pragmatic manager ever in charge.......certainly the one of the last generation that you would pick to close out a game

We made history today. First team to lead by 3 goals in a game on 81 minutes in the 27 years of the EPL era and fail to win. That’s nearly 11,000 league games we’re talking about. Just when you think you’ve seen it all in terms of our clusterfucks, I never cease to be amazed by our capacity to set new Spursy benchmarks.
Horrendous, i remember the 3-0 up against Utd that we lost 5-3. That was awful but at least it was against the then best team in the country.

We didn't lose today but it feels like a loss because West Ham are fucking dog-shit and we should have never let them back into the game.

If we miss the top 4 by 4 points we'll look at this game and Newcastle, 2 absolutely shit teams and wonder how we didn't get wins against them.

.......even when we have perhaps the most pragmatic manager ever in charge.......certainly the one of the last generation that you would pick to close out a game

I bet Jose can't believe it, he must have had teams 2 or 3 goals in front and being rocked in the last 10 minutes but still getting the win.

Welcome to Spurs mate.

Just got caught up.

We got exactly what we deserved today. You can't just keep giving the ball to Kane and hope he does everything. You can't just decide to stop playing with 45 minutes of football still to be played against a PL team. And you can't expect to become a title challenging team when there are still plenty of average players knocking around the squad.

Hopefully everyone learned a few important lessons today; and hopefully everyone has stopped getting so carried away about Bale and realise that we still have more important areas we need to work on.

Just got caught up.

We got exactly what we deserved today. You can't just keep giving the ball to Kane and hope he does everything. You can't just decide to stop playing with 45 minutes of football still to be played against a PL team. And you can't expect to become a title challenging team when there are still plenty of average players knocking around the squad.

Hopefully everyone learned a few important lessons today; and hopefully everyone has stopped getting so carried away about Bale and realise that we still have more important areas we need to work on.

Lessons learned lol.

We are Spursy, always were and always will be , and lessons are never learned.

Horrendous, i remember the 3-0 up against Utd that we lost 5-3. That was awful but at least it was against the then best team in the country.

We didn't lose today but it feels like a loss because West Ham are fucking dog-shit and we should have never let them back into the game.

If we miss the top 4 by 4 points we'll look at this game and Newcastle, 2 absolutely shit teams and wonder how we didn't get wins against them.
Watching Man U 1-1 at Newcastle last night on 84 minutes and winning 1-4 from there sent me to bed in pissed off form again about the 2 points we dropped to Newcastle. I won’t sleep at all tonight.

Terrible to think after spanking them 1-6 at Old Trafford, how shit they are and how clueless Solskjær is, they’re 1 point ahead of us in the league if they win their game
In hand over Burnley.

As soon as they got the first, I knew they would get a point. Only Tottenham can capitulate like that which is why we never win anything. Once everyone is fit, I don't want to see Aurier, Toby and Sanchez wearing a Spurs shirt ever again.

I bet Jose can't believe it, he must have had teams 2 or 3 goals in front and being rocked in the last 10 minutes but still getting the win.

TBH, we nearly pulled the same shit twice when he took over last year (vs Wham & Bmuff)....

We can buy all the players we like, but deep down (regardless of trophy count) THIS is the true crux of his job here.

Back
Top Bottom