Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Horrendous, i remember the 3-0 up against Utd that we lost 5-3. That was awful but at least it was against the then best team in the country.

We didn't lose today but it feels like a loss because West Ham are fucking dog-shit and we should have never let them back into the game.

If we miss the top 4 by 4 points we'll look at this game and Newcastle, 2 absolutely shit teams and wonder how we didn't get wins against them.
If we win the league by 6 points, we'll look back and wonder how it's not 10 points!

It’s nearly there.... lots to enjoy and get excited about. But

It’s moments....

Sissoko didn’t impact Balbeuna. Poor.

Sanchez shouldn’t be scoring in his own net from there. Poor.

Serge, get your body in front. Poor.

Winks, boot it. Poor.

4 defensive poor moments.

If one of those players does better, 3 points.

HAVE. TO. LEARN. FROM. THIS. (Again...)

When Aston Villa have the best defensive record in the league and Liverpool have the worst defensive record in the league, you know it's silly season.

We've actually defended relatively well, set pieces aside.
Crazy is no exaggeration, just look at the teams at the. top,it always starts like this every season. Worry not, it won't last, the cream will rise to the top

Or blowing it vs Chelsea at ‘battle of the bridge’...or not turning up for CL final.

Just a bad game.

Throwing away a 0-2 lead to the Chavs there really hurt as it meant the Chavs clinched the League for Leicester. Even if we’d held onto win there though, we were still 5 points behind Leicester with 2 games to go. Our league winning chances that season died in the previous game when we conceded a late equaliser at home to West Brom. I consoled myself that night that we only needed 3 points from our last 3 games to cancel St Totteringham Day for the first time in 21 years. Then we go and lose at home to Southampton and lose last day 5-1 at relegated Newcastle to clinch 3rd in a 2 horse race.

It’s moments....

Winks, boot it. Poor.

The thing is we could all have picked these individual players out as the ones most likely to make mistakes.

It's really risky having this many players all on at the same time because the probability of them having a brain fart is really high.

Certainly Sanchez should be playing RCB. If he ever plays the right side of the only side he should play. He is bad enough on the ball as it is, putting him in an area where he has to use his weak foot is a no no.

Aurier played well against united. But again prone to a brain fart. Same as Kyle walker.

Sissoko I believe should have come off rather than Tanguy. Absolutely no way should we ever have all 3 of Winks, Sissoko and PEH on at the same time. There's no one in midfield that can keep the ball under pressure.

We should make a new rule for the rest of this season. Let's call it the West Ham rule.
It's a simple rule, its no matter how good we think we are or how well we are playing we don't get cocky and we take each game as it comes and respect the opposition. Maybe if the fan base does it will rub off on the players.

So, If we have one or two decent results and everyone in the media is blowing smoke up our arse - remind people of the West Ham rule.

If Son and Kane have scored 340304403 gazillion goals in their last 3 games and we are playing the leakiest defence in the league - remind everyone on here of the West Ham rule.

If we've kept 10 clean sheets in a row and are playing a team with a one legged striker - remind everyone of the West Ham rule.

Keep it real and grounded and maybe the football gods will lift the curse from this fucking club because I'm at my wits end.

It’s moments....

Winks, boot it. Poor.

We are Tottenham, we never learn, it’s in our blood

TBH, we nearly pulled the same shit twice when he took over last year (vs Wham & Bmuff)....

We can buy all the players we like, but deep down (regardless of trophy count) THIS is the true crux of his job here.

And if he reverts to the pragmatic clean sheet is king Jose who can blame him ?

Free flowing 1-1 and 3-3 home draws against shit is not how he got his winner reputation.

I'm still so FUCKING ANGRY. I want to go to bed but I know I won 't be able to sleep. So I sit here drinking gin. I'll have a hangover in the morning. Thanks Spurs.

We should make a new rule for the rest of this season. Let's call it the West Ham rule.
It's a simple rule, its no matter how good we think we are or how well we are playing we don't get cocky and we take each game as it comes and respect the opposition. Maybe if the fan base does it will rub off on the players.

So, If we have one or two decent results and everyone in the media is blowing smoke up our arse - remind people of the West Ham rule.

If Son and Kane have scored 340304403 gazillion goals in their last 3 games and we are playing the leakiest defence in the league - remind everyone on here of the West Ham rule.

If we've kept 10 clean sheets in a row and are playing a team with a one legged striker - remind everyone of the West Ham rule.

Keep it real and grounded and maybe the football gods will lift the curse from this fucking club because I'm at my wits end.
First chance to try against Burnley, bottom of table with 0pts - classic ‘Dr Tottenham’ territory...

First chance to try against Burnley, bottom of table with 0pts - classic ‘Dr Tottenham’ territory...

I think on balance I actually prefer it when we are shit, I found peace after the Everton game, I'd come to terms with the fact this season was going to be the same old pony as last year, then we get a few decent results and have a great transfer window, I couldn't sleep last night through nerves and as soon as the first West Ham goal went in I knew it was going to be a draw. It was unshakable inevitable feeling that I can only get with Spurs. Just knew it deep in the bones.

At least if we were shit there would be no hope.

I think on balance I actually prefer it when we are shit, I found peace after the Everton game, I'd come to terms with the fact this season was going to be the same old pony as last year, then we get a few decent results and have a great transfer window, I couldn't sleep last night through nerves and as soon as the first West Ham goal went in I knew it was going to be a draw. It was unshakable inevitable feeling that I can only get with Spurs. Just knew it deep in the bones.

At least if we were shit there would be no hope.
It's the hope that kills you.

Back
Top Bottom