Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham; Sunday 18th October; 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These dropped points will come back and bite us in the bum. We can’t keep leaving points on the table. It just increases the pressure of beating the other top 6 teams which our record against is not great. The home games b teams outside the so called top 6 we need to win.

Pochettuno era "spursyness" raising it's head again. How on earth did they snatch a draw from the jaws of victory... Closing out games is a mourinho signature, expect them to come back hard

Poch era? This tag came along long before he did and his still there long after he left.

This has been coming for years... really:

23 Sep 2017 (PL)
60 mins: West Ham 0-3 Spurs
70 mins: Aurier gets sent off for a dangerous tackle
87 mins: West Ham 2-3 Spurs
FT: West Ham 2-3 Spurs
A game we were comfortably winning, turns into a narrow win.

25 Oct 2017 (CC)
54 mins: Spurs 2-0 West Ham
70 mins: Spurs 2-3 West Ham
FT: Spurs 2-3 West Ham
A game we were comfortably winning turns into a loss. (Some mitigation because it was the CC, and Poch never took it seriously).

23 Nov 2019 (PL)
72 mins: West Ham 0-3 Spurs
73 mins: West Ham 1-3 Spurs
90+1mins: West Ham 1-3 Spurs, but a Rice goal is (correctly) ruled offside
90+6 mins: West Ham 2-3 Spurs
A game we were comfortably winning turns into a narrow win. Again.

Bonus match
30 Nov 2019 (PL)
72 mins: Spurs 3-0 Bournemouth
73 mins: Spurs 3-1 Bournemouth
90+6 mins: Spurs 3-2 Bournemouth
FT: Spurs 3-2 Bournemouth
Just one week after winning 3-2 v West Ham, in which we were 3-0 up and conceded in the 73rd and 90+6th minutes, we beat Bournemouth 3-2 after being 3-0 up and conceding in the 73rd and 96th minutes.

Some of our players just don't learn: in the previous 2 seasons, we had been 3-0 up v West Ham twice yet won neither of them comfortably. How can they not know that West Ham won't give up? How could they not push for a 4th when 3 has barely been enough TWICE before? WTF is wrong with them? Do they not pay attention? Can they not rememember? Or are too many of them just as thick as pigshit?

Even if they don't understand the London rivalry, surely they must know that West Ham is always a difficult game.

Still fuming at the absolute stupidity, laziness and criminality of the usual suspects yesterday.

What happened to PEH in the 2nd half he disappeared!
Another worrying thing was how slow we were on possesion allowing spam to press us and get in position in that 2nd half. There was intensity or pace. I’m watching Leeds v wolves and if play like we did in the 2nd half against Leeds they will be all over us. They are relentless !

This has been coming for years... really:

23 Sep 2017 (PL)
60 mins: West Ham 0-3 Spurs
70 mins: Aurier gets sent off for a dangerous tackle
87 mins: West Ham 2-3 Spurs
A game we were comfortably winning, turns into a narrow win.

25 Oct 2017 (CC)
54 mins: Spurs 2-0 West Ham
70 mins: Spurs 2-3 West Ham
FT: Spurs 2-3 West Ham
A game we were comfortably winning turns into a loss. (Some mitigation because it was the CC, and Poch never took it seriously).

23 Nov 2019 (PL)
72 mins: West Ham 0-3 Spurs
73 mins: West Ham 1-3 Spurs
90+1mins: West Ham 1-3 Spurs, but a Rice goal is (correctly) ruled offside
90+6 mins: West Ham 2-3 Spurs
A game we were comfortably winning turns into a narrow win. Again.

Bonus match
30 Nov 2019 (PL)
72 mins: Spurs 3-0 Bournemouth
73 mins: Spurs 3-1 Bournemouth
90+6 mins: Spurs 3-2 Bournemouth
FT: Spurs 3-2 Bournemouth
Just one week after winning 3-2 v West Ham, in which we were 3-0 up and conceded in the 73rd and 90+6th minutes, we beat Bournemouth 3-2 after being 3-0 up and conceding in the 73rd and 96th minutes.

Some of our players just don't learn: in the previous 2 seasons, we had been 3-0 up v West Ham twice yet won neither of them comfortably. How can they not know that West Ham won't give up? How could they not push for a 4th when 3 has barely been enough TWICE before? WTF is wrong with them? Do they not pay attention? Can they not rememember? Or are too many of them just as thick as pigshit?

Even if they don't understand the London rivalry, surely they must know that West Ham is always a difficult game.

Still fuming at the absolute stupidity, laziness and criminality of the usual suspects yesterday.
man, you quoted 4 games, of which we won 3 ! :harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:

man, you quoted 4 games, of which we won 3 ! :harrylol::harrylol::harrylol:
Can you genuinely not see the point I was trying to make?

If you have a history of turning 3-0 advantages into nervy 3-2 wins, eventually one of those nervy 3-2 wins may become a draw or a defeat. Yesterday, we paid a heavy price for failing to turn a 3-0 advantage into 4 ot 5-0.

Can you genuinely not see the point I was trying to make?

If you have a history of turning 3-0 advantages into nervy 3-2 wins, eventually one of those nervy 3-2 wins may become a draw or a defeat. Yesterday, we paid a heavy price for failing to turn a 3-0 advantage into 4 ot 5-0.
I can see the point you are trying to make, but sorry, mate, your post is super comical to me :harrylol:

It’s all the more frustrating when you look at our league schedule. We had 4 games that a title winning club should be winning before we play Man City, Chelsea, Woolwich, Crystal Palace, Liverpool and then Leicester in consecutive games before Christmas. Who da fudge gave us that run of games! We need to basically be on top before we play them because we will drop points in that crazy barrage of games.

I actually find a lot of the shows somewhat listenable as I go about my day (often as little more than background noise), but but like you say, it's pointless listening to his show as it's literally the same every fucking day.... Darren Gough needs to take a look at himself too.... He just comes off like AD's little gimp.

I will occasionally catch hawksbee and Jacobs- who I like, but that’s about it on talk sport.

Not sure why but mark saggers annoys the hell out of me too so can’t listen to games he’s commentating on either.

What a roller coaster ride of emotion this team has taken me through the past few weeks. The feeling yesterday after we went 3-0 up after the buildup of the wait during the international break was pretty amazing. Then it all came crashing down! I’m feeling like I have a bad hangover from that emotionally. Bad hangover from the alcohol consumption for sure but also emotionally!

Still think Winks was obstructed and goal shouldn’t have stood
Not excusing Winks not hoofing it though or Aurier for some reason deciding to run out with the ball and then losing it and then deciding to commit a foul in a dangerous position with less than a minute left

Neither of these clowns or Sanchez should wear our shirt again
Sick of it!!

What about the clown that gave away the first free kick completely unnecessarily as their guy was going back toward his half and threatening nothing, and then failed to mark his man properly from that free kick allowing him to score, which started our sphincters twitching? Should that clown be anywhere near our team again?

Maybe Jose will make the players watch the last 8-10 minutes on repeat. May be better than playing basketball.

tenor.gif

As fucking painful as this still is, maybe, just maybe, it will teach those players an unforgettable lesson and that kind of complacency will never be allowed to creep in no matter the circumstances.

I really do hope the likes of Kane has expressed his anger to the others.

What about the clown that gave away the first free kick completely unnecessarily as their guy was going back toward his half and threatening nothing, and then failed to mark his man properly from that free kick allowing him to score, which started our sphincters twitching? Should that clown be anywhere near our team again?
I’ve already covered that in an earlier post
Now sober up or go to bed

I actually feel sorry for Durham in a way. He clearly watches a lot of football and knows his football but he's at a Daily Mail radio station that focuses on winding people up.

"Is X all that"
"Is Y a bottler"
Is Z just a bit so what"
"Are Spurs Spursey"
"Are Woolwich the biggest losers in the league"

etc etc - same old staid formula every day . He can't possibly enjoy it, he has to want better? Surely he'd be interested in actually football analysis not childish "bantz" catchphrases and ridiculous baseless opinions.

Rice is an upgrade on Kante
Tom Davies could be better than Gerrard
Should Aguero be given a new contract?

it's utter gutter media and it's popular because it fuels negativity and football is so tribal people love a show that will poke a stick at their rivals.
Very true. Durham's patter is very stale, and predictable. I don't listen to him anymore, although I did like the daily *rsenhole slot he used to do.

just when you feel like sticking your chest out, spurs become the first team in the competition's history to not win a match after being 3-0 up with 8 minutes to go

Goal 1 - Between Sissoko and Sanchez, neither of them attacked the cross
Goal 2 - Sergio and Moura failed to block the cross. Sanchez brain farted
Goal 3 - Winks brain fart. Should have punted the ball out of the stadium; instead took a dinky touch.

Bale missing all the more painful, as I had 20$ on a 4-2 win at 35/1 odds.

As fucking painful as this still is, maybe, just maybe, it will teach those players an unforgettable lesson and that kind of complacency will never be allowed to creep in no matter the circumstances.

I really do hope the likes of Kane has expressed his anger to the others.
As my previous post highlighted, they don't learn. Same mistakes over and over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom