Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham United Match History 1898-2013

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And 33% of those were penalties.

True. What. A. Shame.

196.gif

Everyone seems to be forgetting, sometimes the poorer team wins. This is the premier league, sometimes it happens. People aggressively saying we were at home it shouldn't happen, west ham are shit, blah.blah obvs don't watch a lot of other teams football. They had a game plan, it worked. It didn't for Cardiff who also sat back and defended in numbers.
It's about learning from it now and making sure the next performance is one Aston Villa are currently worried we will produce.

Everyone seems to be forgetting, sometimes the poorer team wins. This is the premier league, sometimes it happens. People aggressively saying we were at home it shouldn't happen, west ham are shit, blah.blah obvs don't watch a lot of other teams football. They had a game plan, it worked. It didn't for Cardiff who also sat back and defended in numbers.
It's about learning from it now and making sure the next performance is one Aston Villa are currently worried we will produce.
or sometimes we beat them by way of a penalty.

I agree, but yesterday I thought the best team won. Sad....but true

Onto the chants, I heard, from their side, 'Viva Lazio', four times. Fucking nasty. But the one that really fucking wound me up was: "He's coming for you, he's coming for you, we cant say his name, he's coming for you.".It was not sung by a small group of them, but several hundreds. Serious-fucking-ly, is that the kind of shit that these absolute tossers can get away with these days, simply because they don't use the Y word? (YIDS)? Are the authorities actually disempowered by the fact that the context is so much worse than the actual words?
The fucking tossers then proceeded to label us racists. For example, 'From the racist boys, no noise'. And pointing and chanting 'racist' at anyone who chanted anything with the word 'yid' in. I can't possibly describe how angry I was hearing this. I came so fucking close to launching myself at them.
I'm furious about the result, but more fucking furious about the way that the police and stewards stood there and allowed those tossers to hurl their abuse.

You sum up the Checkmate situation Spurs are now in...

perfectly orchestrated by Baddiel/Herbert/Sky/Media.... where to from here?
DOWNWARDS... THE RACISTS HAVE WON! and WHL has turned into a mini Police state!

THE perfect end a shocking weekend![/quote]

Last edited:
Mistakes are made through the art of creation - Spurs must create - go through disappointment - then blossom?
I have total faith in AVB and all the players to come back positive. No matter how disappointed we all are, we haven't become a poor side over night and will march on. I'm please the players have two weeks to reflect. They should be made to sit on the naughty step. rather than all singing and dancing, sitting pretty in second in the PL thinking we can win it?

Faith: Belief without evidence.

We havent become a poor side, but we arent a good side, we've ground out results against weaker teams.

And our manager sets up not to lose rather than win.

Faith: Belief without evidence.

We havent become a poor side, but we arent a good side, we've ground out results against weaker teams.

And our manager sets up not to lose rather than win.
You are right but thats how it has to be!
We have made such big changes this season that time is needed for the changes to gel. We have started very well considering. Look at Liverpuds, Suárez & Sturridge straight away they are at it, scoring goals we haven't got that luxury. We need time and time does bot stand still in the PL. We need to be set up not to loose until we get it right. I have total faith in both AVB and the players. It might not be the cavalier, Tottenham's way but it's the way forward with the situation we have created.
Faith: Belief without evidence. I have the faith and belief with the
evidence will become apparent with time.

My hungover thoughts- Thought our substitutions were 10 minutes too late. Would've liked to see Sandro too. Also- for the last few weeks I've had a running debate about Townsend and his shooting- Some people grumble that he is greedy, but after yesterday I can't understand why he shouldn't take a crack when it presents itself.
Left pub and went to street festival- and ended up in bar with several gooners who acted like they won the league. Not one of them has ever been to the emirates or highbury mind you. I really hate those cunts- their valley will come too. Definitely a low point, but seasons have these. The peaks will happen too. Never thought I'd say this, but is Ade ready yet?

I dnt a shit wat anybody says but holtby has to start ahead of eriksen, simply becoz holtby has work hard nd improved frm last season. I never believed eriksen could just walk into the team without learning the english game, his a kid for goodness sake he shouldn't be walking into a team without time especially if we think of ourselves as a big team. He was just marked out of the game nd more teams will pick up on this. Holtby just has the energy nd is difficult to mark out.
ran it through google translate and it said it had no language like this in its database

I was at the game yesterday and it was fairly evident about 20 minutes in that Sam had got the tactics spot on, it was bread & butter for him. Line up with everyone back and stop us playing through the middle. If you look at our own setup this season everything has been based on us cutting inside and try to play through the center. It was too easy for them.
Second half I was crying out for Andros to get down the line, he had the left back in his pocket and could easily skin him, but just kept cutting inside. We only seemed to switch on to the idea of using the wings more towards the end of the game when it was too late. The space we had down that wing was ridiculous.

AVB will learn from this, but it's the age old Spurs problem on how we break down teams that setup this way?

the whole team, almost bar none were a shadow of anything we have seen so far. Quite how we managed to look so poor across the board, to a team like West Ham is a total mystery. Eriksen looked lost and dembele and paulinho were making poor passing choices throughout the game.

The team looked like they were at that stage where you have had a few drinks, you think that you are still in control, but the timing and edge that you normally have is just out of kilter.
The comedy routine of blaming defoe and the continual accusations of his laziness and inability to find space or present the supply lines with spaces to feed him are risible to say the least. He had the best opportunities, that he made for himself and was isolated and left with scraps to feed on - from an inept and hapless midfield.

AVB needs to work on the mentality issues, because from the distance of my TV, it looked like we just expected to walk this, and looked stunned and (drunk) incapable of working out why it was all going wrong, but worst of all one step behind a fairly average team who just seemed to want to work that little bit harder.
I thought Defoe had his chances with the ball he was getting from Townsend!!

A weak performance, no fight, no imagination...it was awful.

my only concern is that this isn't isolated. We have all these attack minded players but we seldom look especially dangerous. In the first half the were three occasions Townsend put in a cross and only Defoe was in the box against five of their players. We won't score unless we have the numbers in attack.

AVB learnt lessons last season, specifically the idea of playing two defensive midfielders at home was unnecessary, and that we were clearly not fit enough....both those mistakes were confronted and dealt with, he'll need to figure out now how to be reactive as oppose pro-active because it didn't require a genius to see we were toothless yesterday.

We are still only three points off the top, though, so we must retain that positivity and understand what went wrong yesterday.

Two matches time we could be top of the league so its not the end of the world. Yesterday was fucking abysmal though. Broke my heart a little watching that.

Back
Top Bottom