Tottenham Hotspur versus the Bianconeri, Wembley stadium, 7th of March 2018, 1945hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. 7w1YqLh.jpg

Their squad that's travelled.

No Mandzukic, both Dybala & Higuain not 100%.

Hey mate, didn't dybala play like almost 90 minutes on Wednesday? Who says him and higuain aren't fit? Why would they travel if they aren't going to play them?

I remember listening to that game on the radio. Glory days!

It’s good to recall stuff like that. Reminds me and many others just how great we have things right now. An incredible new stadium on its way, a classy manager, the best striker on the planet (a Spurs fan too), and we’re on the eve of a CL game against Juve after topping a group that featured Madrid and Dortmund.

It’s mental.

As for the game itself, I feel calm now and really looking forward to it. I’m sure I won’t feel quite so calm once it kicks off.

It’s surreal really. 85k at Wembley. Just that alone is crazy.
Watching a spurs team that although not having silverware to show for it has been the most consistent team in the league over 3 seasons.

I can’t wait to walk into that stadium tomorrow, it’s going to be electric. Finishing work at 2pm tomorrow - head home to get the boy. Wednesday is going to fly by.

I'm already bricking it tbh. Visualised so many different outcomes. I'm looking forward to it and not looking forward to it if you know what I mean.

Once I'm there though I'll feel better and will sing my heart out. It's going to be a blinding atmosphere!

COYS

For all the old spurs that went to Holland in 74...and the not so old that went to Ajax in 81 and Dundalk and Barcelona and all the spurs fans that have followed us around Europe since.. tomorrow is for you hopefully our team will respond.

I just put $5 on 4-2 to the good. It just leapt out at me for some reason (maybe it was the 1-82 odds). Two Tottenham goals to come in a frantic final 10 mins.

Very optimistic. It feels like glory is upon us and deserved. Feels like Wembley will be The Lane magnified and will drive us onto to the next round.

It also feels like I've been drinking. Which I have.:sonpoint:

Kane with a brace after nervous first half. Italians get one back, but we bury it for good in the 86th from a Diet header.

COYS

Were you at JFC Naples by any chance? I don't often disagree with anyone but the Italian wine I necked was sublime. Don't tell me that the French have anything that can stand up to a good Brunello di Montalcino or anything from the Veneto!
I can only form an opinion based on personal experience and in the time I was there Is didn't find anything that I bought a second bottle of. I am prepared to accept that my tasting experience was probably tiny but I basically lost the will to keep looking. I was in Latina but did travel down to Naples on a few occasions. The closest I got to palatable was a couple of light white wines, the red was as rough as boots. IMHO

They will not want to concede so will defend vigorously and then counter. We must be careful not to concede and encourage them to defend in numbers. We go ahead in the game will open it up nicely . There is no reason why we should fail. , because of our form, we can get through this tie. COYS

Edit:

Last edited:
Game day, cannot wait to be stuck on the North Circular later attempting to get to Wembley!

Today would have been my step dad’s 80th birthday and he was responsible for my supporting of the mighty Spurs. Not to mention it’s also my birthday tomorrow, don’t let us down now please!

Let’s do these and get another glamour tie and at least 2 more European matches!

COYMFS!

I have a feeling Dele is going to do something special tonight. He has been quietly playing well the last few weeks and seems to like the big occasion.

Back
Top Bottom