Tottenham Hotspur vs Brighton and Hove Albion | FA Cup 4th Round | Saturday 5 Feb | 8pm KO | FFS Boris Extend HS2 to Brighton TFC has transport issues

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Skipp
Hojbjerg
Reguilon

Lucas
Son
Kane

Kulu on the bench. Toss up between Bergwijn and Son depending on fitness, and between Doherty and Royal as they are both much of muchness.

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Skipp
Hojbjerg
Reguilon

Lucas
Son
Kane

Kulu on the bench. Toss up between Bergwijn and Son depending on fitness, and between Doherty and Royal as they are both much of muchness.
Personally would start Son, and then a toss up between Stevie and Lucas.

What I'd like to see given a go, which some won't agree with as they like to see Kane as high up as possible is;

Lloris
Romero - Dier - Davies
Emerson - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Reguilon
Kane
Bergwijn - Son​

Excited to have players back and new signings in until 7pm Saturday where Conte lines us up with this:

Gollini
Tanganga Sanchez Davies
Emerson Winks Hojbjerg Skipp Doherty
Kane Bergwijn

GUARANTEE IT

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Skipp
Hojbjerg
Reguilon

Lucas
Son
Kane

Royal over Doherty for me. At this point we know 100% what Doherty is, and it ain't good enough. Have to shift and replace in the summer. We need to see as much as possible of Royal between now and June to see if he's worth bringing back as backup or if, he too, needs to be on the scrap heap.

3-0 Spurs.

Lo Celso, Dele and N'Dombele.

Doc Rivers Reaction GIF

Royal over Doherty for me. At this point we know 100% what Doherty is, and it ain't good enough. Have to shift and replace in the summer. We need to see as much as possible of Royal between now and June to see if he's worth bringing back as backup or if, he too, needs to be on the scrap heap.
I think we've seen enough to say this :

RWB not good enough.

RB good enough.

It just depends what system Conte wants to play.

Let's be honest here, he's not getting sold this summer or next January.

Conte is going to play wing backs and Doherty is better than Emerson in that role.

I think we've seen enough to say this :

RWB not good enough.

RB good enough.

It just depends what system Conte wants to play.

Let's be honest here, he's not getting sold this summer or next January.

Conte is going to play wing backs and Doherty is better than Emerson in that role.
You don't think they'll sign Doherty? I honestly can't imagine him being here in September.

You don't think they'll sign Doherty? I honestly can't imagine him being here in September.
No that's not what I'm saying. Doherty will leave in the summer.

At the moment if Conte wants to play wing back then Doherty should play. He's more effective.

We need to start using the players in their respective positions. Doherty isn't great but any good things he has done have largely been as a RWB.

No that's not what I'm saying. Doherty will leave in the summer.

At the moment if Conte wants to play wing back then Doherty should play. He's more effective.

We need to start using the players in their respective positions. Doherty isn't great but any good things he has done have largely been as a RWB.
That has been down to conte whose played at LWB a number of times then RW. If he can stop playing politics with his team selections and just concentrate on picking players in their preferred positions.

Really looking forward to this now. It’s a low pressure game vs league and I think Brighton are a nice team to play against. I’ve grumbled about the KO time but the plus side to being on my own is that I’ll watch the rugby with a few beers, watch the football with a few beers, and hopefully be in a good place to drunkenly abuse my Scottish and Brighton friends at the end of the day.

Still sad that Gilly has gone mind.

:harrysmile:

Lloris

Romero
Dier
Davies

Doherty
Skipp
Hojbjerg
Reguilon

Lucas
Son
Kane

That is a depressingly familiar and staid line-up, with respect to all.

It certainly does not get you excited.

That is a depressingly familiar and staid line-up, with respect to all.

It certainly does not get you excited.
Yeah I agree to a certain extent, due to the relative lack of action in the transfer window. I can't imagine Kulu will be put in to the xi straight away, but I could be wrong. To be honest I'd rather Hojbjerg wasn't in the xi, recent form Hojbjerg that is, but with this new lad in CM not being ready to start Saturday and not knowing what he's like, it's either that or a CM pairing of Skipp and Winks, which has its flaws.

If we can play like we did against Palace on boxing day and Leicester for the rest of the season, that'll do :contethumb:

Back
Top Bottom