Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The starting team is great

Saturday GIF

I’m at a baptism
No GIF

Mr Bean Reaction GIF
Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Having seen us so far I’m fully expecting us to sit in a mid-block and press from that base. I just hope we press and are aggressive.

Big test for Romero today, Lukaku can roll him if he tries to step in front, Dier needs to be ready for this.

Would be interesting to know how he did against him last year in Italy
Genuine question. How did Romero cope last season against lukaku? Does anyone know?

Having seen us so far I’m fully expecting us to sit in a mid-block and press from that base. I just hope we press and are aggressive.

Big test for Romero today, Lukaku can roll him if he tries to step in front, Dier needs to be ready for this.

Would be interesting to know how he did against him last year in Italy

Hopefully the plan is for Rom to engage whilst Eric sweeps up in behind.

As if - when defending deep - we have a shape of:

Dier
PEH / Rom​

If it is the diamond, it would seem like an odd tactical choice against Chelsea system wouldn’t it?
Give them the wings and attack from the middle. We will depend alot on Romero and Dier if that happens. But Kane can bully their back 3, for sure.

Don’t want to say too much and jinx it, but this isn’t the scariest version of Chelsea in my view. If Alonso didn’t always get a goal against us I’d be feeling even better.

Back
Top Bottom