Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea [CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL]

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given that it looks like our 'main' pub it'll definitely be rammed yeah. Hopefully they'll have some kind of outside bar for quick service like in the Green Man. I had a look down our list of designated 'pubs' and looked them up on Streetview and most of them look more like cafes than pubs, and it looks like the Torch is the only one with a beer garden. Not sure there'll be much alternative.

Crystal club has a beer garden and serves outside.

Get cans from the shop next door and stand outside. Most did that for the 2008 final!
Doesn't appeal to me really. I want a table in a decent pub don't fancy standing like sardines for six hours.

Oh and will we run into any bother getting the tube to Wembley an hour before KO? I know the police do that staggered exit from the station for England games and not sure if they'd do the same for us.

That's what I was going to say. How do you avoid trouble on cup final days? I'm going Sunday but have never been to a cup final. Surely with both sets of supporters all together and being fierce rivals there could potentially be trouble? Or is it really well policed and segregated? I'm just thinking you can't really avoid bumping into chelsea fans as you will all be in and around the same place until bear kick off

If you meet them on Wembley Way there will be so many of them and so many of us and so many police that no one will dare more than a bit of banter. After the FA cup semi in 2012 last time I was there (#blatant) , we were giving them some stick "5:1 and you still don't sing".

Will probably do pre-match from 12 onwards at either Liv.St or Kings X depends which train I catch down from Cambridge. Plenty of afternoon football to catch and beer will be served everywhere won't it.

As far as social media modern football gimmicks go this is pretty shit.
Capital One offering fans of either club to 'own the arch' and have it lit white or blue on match day.

My favourite comment on Facebook:
'The arch is already white. If we really want to wind Chelsea up we should make it black.'

:eriksenlol:

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose
Bentaleb Mason
Townsend Eriksen Chadli
Kane
Vorm Fazio Davies Stambouli Dembele Lamela Soldado​

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose
Bentaleb Mason
Townsend Eriksen Chadli
Kane
Vorm Fazio Davies Stambouli Dembele Lamela Soldado​
Even though he was shambolic vs WH, reasoning: Dembele always ups his game vs the big teams. Fazio will get Costa a red, Chadli looked like Ronaldo last time vs the chavs, Andros has played well for England at Wembley. Lloris-Walker-Fazio-Verts-Rose-Dembele-Nabil-Andros-Eriksen-Chadli-Kane

Vorm to start? bit harsh dropping him after he's played all through this comp
Vorm
Walker Vertonghen Fazio Rose
Townsend Dembele Bentaleb
Eriksen Chadli
Kane

Back
Top Bottom