Tottenham Hotspur Vs Everton

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone was saying here that Poch said that this game would be too soon for N'jie starting vs. Everton. If so, then that leaves us with either Lamela, Pritchard, or Townsend starting for Eriksen's spot. And Townsend just came back from injury. I'd be furious if Poch picks Lamela over Pritchard.
Could also go for Carroll, as he's been involved in the squads so far. Pritchard would be my pick too though.

If he has a good game, people will say that he had a good game, yes. But since it's been a very long time since he's had a good game, people aren't saying that he's a good option to start the next game.

Id like

[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose, Alli, Bentaleb, Dembele, Mason, Chadli, Kane"][/formation]

I wouldn't want to start Trippier or NJie but I definitely want them to get some minutes. I think Dier will start ahead of Alli or Bentaleb but I really just want to see us go balls out and attack. Obviously Eriksen would take Mason's place if fit. Also, if Pochettino thinks Pritchard is ready I'd be happy with him coming on after 60/70mins to replace Mason. Excited for this one, the atmosphere at the Everton home game last year was fantastic.

[formation=433, Loris, Walker, Alderwereild, Vertonghen, Rose, Mason, Dier, Dembele, N'Jie, Kane, Chadli][/formation]

Pritchard, Townsend, Alli, Bentaleb as options off the bench.

i highly doubt pritchard will be in the squad, as much as like him to be

he's only just completed his first 90 mins since getting injurred over the summer and that was for the under 21s. most likely to see him on the bench in our europa games. i reckon his route to the first team will be very much like harry's last season

The focus all on forwards at the moment but the important one for me is Rose, is he back?

Our most creative player from the cup final onwards last season (not difficult)

When the full backs get forward the formation works, plus will be nice to have some dynamism in the "3" with Clint instead of one of the static players in there

I'd like to see Son on the right, Chadli Left and Eriksen play a deeper role alongside Dembele when we're not in possession so that he can distribute the ball wide for Chadli and Son to run onto. Might be too early for Son but we're absolutely desperate for some dangerous play from the right hand side.

I want to see Dembele, Alli and Mason but he'll stick with Dier as DM. Would also like to see Bentaleb back in the team soon, fair enough he had a bad start but was great last year esp considering his age.
PLEASE play Rose and I would take Verts out for Wimmer but he won't do that either.
Son is a great signing btw, seen a good bit of him and I'd prefer him to Berahino tbh-fuck paying 25-30 million for him, rumours of an attitude problem as well-lets move on.

I want to see some goals in the first half from my view in Park Lane lower. We never score first half (and always play that way)...

Not here to advertise for Stubhub, but for those living in London you can find some serious bargains on there up to ~48 hours before a game - just got a ticket for £35 (£60, face value). cOYS!!

I'm gonna be a bit realistic here. If we lead were probaly gonna concede within the next 2 minutes. I wanna win but knowing that I'm way to optimistic. I'm predicting 2-2, as long as Lamela is in our squad we are not gonna get anywhere.

Games against Everton are usually open, entertaining and lots of goals (that will mean tomorrow will be a 0- 0 bore-draw). Apart from when we play them, I quite like Everton and rather they did well against most of the other teams in the league. We do need to get going though, so will take three points over a slick performance at this point in time.

Back
Top Bottom