Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall FA CUP

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am so happy for Jordan Archer - played football with him nearly every single week growing up as he lived a stones throw away from me and he has worked ridiculously hard to make football his career. He used to wake up in the early hours every single day and practice his goal kicks, throws, reactions etc. and wanted nothing more. Elated when he signed for Spurs and even though he was probably never going to make the first team, I'm glad to see he's number one at a Football League club and is getting rave reviews, will be a special moment for him and his family when he steps foot in the last ever FA Cup game at White Hart Lane.

Didnt want to let on this early but fuck it. Word on the High Road is that even the Old Chirpy is back for this one

Spurs-Mascot-Chirpy.JPG

Together with the new Evil Chirps

2322704550_1552f04086.jpg

Look at him marshelling The Shelf, staring out Thomas Cook Packet Infiltrators. Always wondered what that was in his right hand.

#shady

Millwall are in trouble

Is it just me who finds all this faux "old-school-football-violence-lets-be-havin'-ya-top-lads-from-rival-firms-up-and-down-the high-street-givin'-it-the-upside-down-piano" narrative a bit embarrassing?

It won't be "mayhem", or "chaos", there wont be "loads of claret" and all that crap. We're playing a mid-table third division outfit whose fans will be closely minded by the police to and from the ground, its not like the crack troops of the German 6th Army against Russia's finest at Stalingrad.

On my way back from the game. Took a cab from Tottenham Hale and missed whatever shenanigans there was outside the ground. Inside, Millwall were nothing more than a crap West Ham support. But they were targeting Sonny from the off. Wankers. I'm in the South Upper and I didn't hear any hissing at all. It was more likely when we were going "shhhhhhh" because they were, for supposedly excited away fans, shite. Most of the "uhhhhhhhhhh" din was us too, simply taking the piss.

Great atmosphere from us and a nice send off for WHL and the FA Cup. I stayed behind today to watch the ground empty, and try to take in the old place. WHL is a corker of a stadium. It is so tight, so compact, and even in the upper tiers you are very close to the pitch. I know the new stadium is as good as we could hope for, but WHL is something else. I really hope we don't lose the soul of our club.

COYS

:sonlol:

The older fella I was standing next to in the East Upper dissed me in a very polite and understated way.

I was singing my heart out he turned to me and said, 'i'm not singing too much today, i'm in a choir and I am saving my voice'

I replied, 'I love a sing song but I'm a shockingly bad singer'

'I had noticed' he said, 'you could be trained, but it might be a bit late now'

The fella on the other side was a decent bloke as well, I felt like Norman Stanley Fletcher standing between MacKay and Barraclough.

Oh my God English blokes from London walked around in London and nothing happened.......must be because Millwall are well 'aaaaaarrrrrd.

Or is it because they just looked like a group of blokes walking to a train station after a game with 4000 police around them......and 25,000 ordinary Spurs fans that just went to a match for the football.

I cant believe they are still on here DAYS after losing 6-0, claiming it was a good day because one man punched one man in the face. Sad, sad cunts.

Good grief, why are we allowing these people on this site? I don't give a hoot on what they think or do. Let them go and play on their own site, if they have the internet in South London.

Well that has to be the biggest anti-climax in history.. For weeks all we've been hearing is how we won't be able to cope with their passion and will to win..
They were going to do a right job on us both on the pitch and in the stands.

On the pitch, that has to be the most pathetic assembled 11 I've ever seen, they were fucking clueless, what an absolute pack of garbage.
In the stands, we were told they would take over WHL and all we'd be able to hear was them..That was nearly as bad as claiming their team were going to do a job on us.
They had one or two little bursts but all they could offer was some weird continued screechy type noise, what the fuck was that all about?? It was as pathetic as their team..

They did show their true colours by abusing Son over and over with DVD chants and two for a fiver etc..
I heard on the radio that they were hissing as well but can honestly say I didn't witness that.
we can't be labelled as perfect either as we sang 'no noise from the Pikey boys', not as bad a personally abusing Son but not PC either.
I think that's where the media my be confusing the hissing as followed by no noise from the Pikey boys was a Shhhhhhhh.

Outside the ground there were a few isolated incidents but it has to be said that the Police did an unbelievable job in keeping everyone apart.
Up there with the most Police I've ever seen at WHL.

All I can say is they promised the world but delivered nothing, now run back to your pointless little existence in the league no one gives a shit about and have a word with yourselves as to why you thought you could compete with us..

Pointless little club stuck in the 80's' now fuck off and don't use us again to gain a bit of recognition..

8000 die hards means more to us than does 40000 day trippers at wembley. You can keep you 36000 soon to be 60000 - we know that above 70% of your number will be as plastic as those chelsea pricks. Give me 500 Wall away at Crewe on a cold wednesday night over your shower and your number any day of the week - even in the sunshine - and I know I speak for ALL OF US!

B6cobmRCEAA35w9.jpg

Yeah Im well jealous of your fans.

This was your "charge" at home against Bradford. Some knobs running across the thousands and thousands of empty seats towards a stand you could not possibly climb into.

Fucking thick bunch of absolute cunts. What a crowd. What an atmosphere. 8000 you say.....fucking empty seats maybe. What a load of fucking wank.

Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge!!

the_new_den_panoramic_1.jpg

How the fuck were you going to get to that stand?
Did you have climbing equipment and pole vaults with you?

Shambles of a club, I cant stop laughing at you

Last edited:
Don't know why we would rest anyone, we aren't in Europe, only 14 matches left between the League and the Cup. Not too concerned about the squad being overworked at this point, should be the best XI every match through the end of the season.

If we're serious about 3 at the back, I'd much rather Musacchio there then Dier (who can go back to contending in midfield and bringing more strength in depth).

I know you don't rate Dier in a 3, but has he ever played in one before? I don't know, but my suspicion is that he's learning on the hoof, which is quite demanding. He'll play anywhere Poch asks him. So far he's played at RB, conventional CB, CM and CB in a 3. Not easy imo.

Back
Top Bottom