Tottenham Hotspur vs. RCD Espanyol 10.8.13, 17:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Hudd still has a future here. If he is playing alongside the likes of Sandro/Dembele/Paulinho instead of Parker, then his style of play might work better.

I thought Chadli had a blinder, almost Bale-ish at times with that touch. Paulinho and Soldado also excellent, good to see Sandro and Kabs back too.

Need the back sorted, but imagine that team WITH the Welshman, though........

Thoughts...

The first half was pretty fun to watch. Good play.
Dembele and Paulo played really well and linked up together.
Chadli was also good... linked up well with Dembele and with Rose ... and really likes to cut in.
Soldado ... well isn't he magnificent? I think we really got a gem ... looks the real deal.
Dawson returned the composure that was lacking before.
Oh, and Walker ... he's a train. Looks much improved.

On the other hand,
Rose looks alright... but needs work to be done. Attacking he is good, defensively not so good. Poor tackling timings. But, yeesh... this kid is big.
Lennon was his usual ... exciting but wish he provided more end product.
Glyfi ... really have high hopes for him ... but he just doesn't fit well. Doesn't wanna seem to shoot and can't pull the trigger on time.

And finally,
Really loved seeing Kaboul and Sandro again. Hope they get up to speed soon.

Oh and for AVB ... zonal marking needs work to be done

Ridiculous touch, good running, decent awareness. Best value since chomp bars were 10 pence. £6 million, laughing.
Yeh he is a decent player, we wouldn't have bought him if he wasn't surely. But he didn't do all that much today in terms of actually creating goal scoring opportunities. Danny Rose did more in an attacking sense imo.

Back
Top Bottom