Tottenham Hotspur vs. RCD Espanyol 10.8.13, 17:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ok, I am slightly concerned overall, but then you can't read too much into pre-season games I suppose.

I feel like today was passing with a C.

We need to sort out this Bale situation RIGHT NOW, as I am already sick if commentators talking about it EVERY FIVE MINUTES during our games.

I'll back you up on this one. Seems to take too many touches and doesnt know when to release the ball to another player. Clearly has talent though, just needs a bit of coaching.
He just didn't do anything particularly stand out for me. Yeh he's got some skills and can run, which is the least you'd expect from a wide attacker, but nothing particularly incisive or ingenious from him to be all that impressed much.

Just to be clear I'm not judging his signing just on that performance, but I'm still not convinced he is first choice.

ANDROS TOWNSEND, ANDROS TOWNSEND, HEEEE WASSS BORN TO PLAY FOR SPURSSSSS, HEEEE WASSS BORN TO PLAY FOR SPURSSSSS! :gio:

Fucking lovely to see :kaboul: and Sandro back. Best of all, we got a penalty and for the first time this century and our number 9 stepped up and smashed it in :vdvshh::soldadowatch:

Defending for that corner was a bit wank though :harryfacepalm:

Was impressed with all the new guys plus Rose at left-back looked the part. Thought we looked much better 1st half with Paulinho in there knitting our play together in the build up. How great was it seeing Kaboul and Sandro back fuckn awesome. All of a sudden the defense aint much of a worry no more with Daws and Kaboul ready and Verts right round the corner. Really think once the new guys start moving more in sync we'll be quality on the attack. Soldados movement was very impressive, Chads overall attacking play and Paulinho ability to get the ball forward with attacking intent all bods well for the future. Add Bale to the mix and we'll be flying. Only one friendly but it was a nice glimpse of things to come. Can't fuckn wait til next week.

Interesting that Townsend did one thing great after he came on, (if you ignore the yellow for hacking down that cunt which was pretty good :)) and many have picked up on it.
Yet it was Huddlestone who won the ball from a crowd, was hacked down and still managed to deliver the killer pass that released Townsend, even though the arsehole on him got a yellow card for the foul on Huddlestone once Townsend's shot went wide.
No disrespect for Townsend, whom I like, but I was well impressed by Big Tom which was unexpected. if he had been a new signing would have been pleased.

Interesting that Townsend did one thing great after he came on, (if you ignore the yellow for hacking down that cunt which was pretty good :)) and many have picked up on it.
Yet it was Huddlestone who won the ball from a crowd, was hacked down and still managed to deliver the killer pass that released Townsend, even though the arsehole on him got a yellow card for the foul on Huddlestone once Townsend's shot went wide.
No disrespect for Townsend, whom I like, but I was well impressed by Big Tom which was unexpected. if he had been a new signing would have been pleased.

bog off Hudds crap :akabusi:

For me the biggest problem I saw today is that we still have a glaring hole at CAM. I like Siggy, but feel he's more dangerous on the wing. We need that sub six footer with excellent touch and vision. We're strong in the back and in CDM and now strong in the attack, but there's just not someone there who can link it all up. If Holtby can do the job when he returns, that's great. But Siggy cannot do it and if we're to have a far smoother fight for top four or even have a shot at the title, this must change.

All in all, quite pleased with a lot of what I saw. I am extremely relieved to see Dawson back, and it was so good to see Kaboul and Sandro out there. To any of you who were at the game and were a part of the fantastic return welcomes you gave to those guys, well done. Huge touch of class that personified why I love this club so much and why players love to play for us. Feel Paulinho will be immense for us, and was extremely impressed with Chadli's improvement on last week. Hate to harp again, but feel with a more imposing presence in threat at CAM, Chadli can get into a more attacking position and he can do some nasty things in the future.

We need that creator. With that addition I feel we could go toe to toe with anyone in Europe.

Use your eyes for watching the game, not what other people say on the internet :harryfacepalm:

that was a joke but on the subject it was a decent pass nothin really spectacular and other than that he did very little though it can't help that Defoe just stands there beside his defender most of the time watching the build up

For me the biggest problem I saw today is that we still have a glaring hole at CAM. I like Siggy, but feel he's more dangerous on the wing. We need that sub six footer with excellent touch and vision. .

Thought this myself, Siggy just doesn't create space for himself very well like a VDV or a Modric.....

with Capoue on board that really is the final piece of the puzzle imho

For me the biggest problem I saw today is that we still have a glaring hole at CAM. I like Siggy, but feel he's more dangerous on the wing. We need that sub six footer with excellent touch and vision. We're strong in the back and in CDM and now strong in the attack, but there's just not someone there who can link it all up. If Holtby can do the job when he returns, that's great. But Siggy cannot do it and if we're to have a far smoother fight for top four or even have a shot at the title, this must change.

We need that creator. With that addition I feel we could go toe to toe with anyone in Europe.
I wonder if it would be worth trying lennon there in some of the lesser games to see how he handles it.......

Thought this myself, Siggy just doesn't create space for himself very well like a VDV or a Modric.....

with Capoue on board that really is the final piece of the puzzle imho

While I completely agree with you on the first part, I disagree on Capuoe being the final piece despite how valuable of an acquisition I think he is. I would be content with him sliding into the middle to push Dembele forward to CAM, but I'd be elated to see Eriksen or Pjanic brought in or for Holtby to succeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom