Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

we cant be called a top four team with wanks hojberg sanchez and davies and emerson starting

useless
Davies did make a bad mistake today… but I think he is serviceable in a Conte system. Sanchez seems like he has improved too (not great tonight, given).

The other 3 are downright plonkers. Emerson is seriously bad.

Or Bentancur twice being slow to close him down.

Won't be a popular take on things so I'll blame Winks instead
I watched him in the inter...well tried to ..he was invisible.
Came on and was great for 10 minutes then went missing.
But Hog was not having a good game either.
On balance Soton deserved the win but we should have had three points from both games not one.

23 attempts to 7. Not sure what the game plan was tonight. If you play with 2 defensive midfielders with the idea of playing on the break surely the idea is to soak up pressure and restrict the opponent’s attempts on goal. Clearly didn’t work

Are they defensive though?

Both lack top quality AND both are neither real defensive nor attacking midfielders.

I know PEH is a #8 but nowhere near quality for our first XI. Winks, shit I don't even know what to describe him as.

They are such a deeply dysfunctional duo. Making each others worse. Don't defend, don't press, don't move the ball fast enough.

Emerson was horrific, all 3 goals had something to do with him, especially the 3rd one. Hojbjerg and Winks should never play again together. Reguilon and Romero the only 2 that get a pass from the entire back 5. Bentancur looks a player. Very impressed by him, genuinely thought he'd be useless from what I saw at Juve. Southampton dominated us. Game against Wolves is massive, anything but 3 points and we are in the back foot when it comes to top 4.

Last edited:
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

Back
Top Bottom