Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A lot less injury pretence than the mens game. Same midfield bitching from the Woolwich though. Half expecting Guendouzi to be on the pitch.

I kinda get howa lot of girls think about mens football at the moment.

No interest in the sport but I can't get enough of seeing her!
If you think I watch football for the good looking men, I give you Wayne Rooney, the Neville brothers, Ian Dowie, Martin Keown, Charlie George, and that's just off the top of my head. For every Ginola, there was a dozen Ray Parlours.

Can't say that the women's game does anything for me, find it at a level of watching children play. Obviously I would always want our girls to win, but definitely wouldn't spend an hour and half watching a game.

PS - I had no idea who Alex Morgan was until we signed her - if she's that good, why didn't she play???

I know it’s not PC to say. But you have to wonder if Women’s football is just a media invention. Ok England national team gets decent crowds. But for any sport to exist it needs a domestic base. Considering the amount of hype women’s football gets. Opening day in main stadium, £6.50 tickets then 4K is very poor. And I’d guess half of those came to see the stadium.
The big give away is the BBC. The way they casually dropped 'Tottenham Womens/Ladies' for instance, and just refer to them as Tottenham. Now you can see a headline like Tottenham Sign Striker etc.

PC Clickbait. But we are talking the British Bolshevik Corporation of course.
In terms of stuff like the BBC website, I've always looked at it from the perspective that they're doing it to try and encourage more young girls to get in to football rather than trying to convince lifelong fans that the PC thing to do is to support both the mens and womens teams. :tanguythumb:

In terms of stuff like the BBC website, I've always looked at it from the perspective that they're doing it to try and encourage more young girls to get in to football rather than trying to convince lifelong fans that the PC thing to do is to support both the mens and womens teams. :tanguythumb:
100% I've said it before I'm not interested anything simply branded "Spurs" F1 cars womens side, basketball team. Mrs Perryman nailed when she said her loyalty comes from a emotional connection that goes back to past sides. Its exactly why I couldn't just support another side. So the best bet to grow the womens game is to ignore the current support base and target young people who are fresh to the game. I've no problem with the BBC or ANY media arm trying to encourage young girls to play sport at all. I don't see some sinister Bolshi plot.

Womens Fa Cup
The semi-final ties will be played on the weekend of 13/14 April with full details and ticket information to be confirmed in due course.

Manchester United vs Chelsea

Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City

Back
Top Bottom