Tottenham v Barcelona (Next Gen) #1882TFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dannyboy said:
I sadly didn't introduce or re-introduce myself to anyone - I was being a massive scared baby. stupid really
Did you go alone? I found myself on my own at half time and couldn't see any of the blokes I'd met (although Abbey Yid stopped by briefly). I should have just spoken to a random bloke.

I bought tickets on the night and could only get in the Park Lane. Shame the 1882 section was down the Paxton end as if the were at the other end i think the Park Lane would have been rocking as well.
But it was a very enjoyable evening, i brought two lads to their first game at the Lane and they were very impressed. Beers were taken in the Pride of Tottenham then the Bricklayers, even met a lad from Belguim in the spurs shop, don't know his forum name but im sure he would have enjoyed the match.

I'm fucking ruined, really would rather not be working right now.

Took about 3 hours to get home, mission.

Great to meet/see all you again, too many names to mention individually, but be safe in the knowledge you're all fit and last night was quality.

Even the over zealous stewards couldn't dampen the night, one came up to my face and told me to sit down and then a copper did, I just ignored them and concentrated on the game... They soon fucked off.

The lads seemed a bit reluctant to come and say thanks at the end of the match, wondered if they were told not to but ended up doing it anyway?

Watched the match on an Eurosport stream. Great atmosphere.. heard every song and sang it silently with you.
Even the commentators mentioned the noise you guys made. Fantastic!

To the game: I don't know why we lost. Coulibaly was unlucky. The wingers (Bale ;) ) had some good scenes, but the crosses didn't come that well. McQueen could be someone for the first team some day.. and the wrong Sandro scored two times (very well played from Barca).

Park Lane James said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Played in front of an impressive and noisy crowd at White Hart Lane - including a packed West Stand - a goal in each half from Barca's lively striker Sandro saw the Catalan giants home.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/nextgen-live-13082012.page?

That proves it's possibly to make a difference. I was being asked the other day what the difference between "supporter" and "fan" was. This is the difference.
A fan normally sits in front of his/her TV and doesn't feel attached to the club.

A supporter goes out of their way to show/voice their love for the club, by attending matches. Of course in this day and age, less people are able to do so because of the price of match tickets and transport.

Unfortunately a return trip from where I am is 7 hours long.

Smoked Salmon said:
Dannyboy said:
I sadly didn't introduce or re-introduce myself to anyone - I was being a massive scared baby. stupid really
Did you go alone? I found myself on my own at half time and couldn't see any of the blokes I'd met (although Abbey Yid stopped by briefly). I should have just spoken to a random bloke.

I was, my mate could only get tickets in the upper tier - I have only met people here from the Charlton game, where I was smashed up and it was 7 months ago....I'm at the Villa and Chelsea games so hopefully meet up before for a beer.

sammyspurs said:
Took over an hour for one half for me, but is good quality (German commentary though)

Ah, so it's not just because my internet is being shit then. First half's nearly done now, think it's taken just over an hour so far aswell

Back
Top Bottom