Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris one year left on his contract.

So if he says he doesn't want to sign an extension (wants to try something different such as playing at PSG or in MLS), why put the blame on Levy ?

Agree we need a new keeper for the near to medium term future, I just wish that we could afford to really strengthen and secure a world class sweeper keeper with great distribution in addition to great shot stopping. I know I’m dreaming of a lot.
Being realistic Levy has to balance the books and strengthen in many areas and so a Pope like signing where he tempt away a good player on the last year of their contract makes financial sense but ultimately contributes to us falling short. Eg we seemingly couldn’t complete for Mane’s signature, we can only sign Gedson Fernandes rather than Bruno and so on. I’m not blaming or attacking Levy, it just how it is.
Historically it’s always been said that the team with the best keeper wins the league, God knows how long ago it was when we had the the best keeper.

Gareth Bale right now probably...

Conor Mcgregor Sport GIF by UFC

I almost never watch Burnley because I can't stand the way they play football. Anyway, I thought their performance today was a bit on the schizophrenic side of things. At times they put great pressure on the ball, especially high up the field, and made us look very jittery. At other times, they looked like they were on sedatives and did silly stuff like give Harry Kane too much time on the ball in midfield. And I had a look at Tarkowski, and what I noticed about him is that he regularly shat himself when one of our boys faced him up. Must have awful mobility.

I was very happy to see an excellent, commanding performance from the much maligned Davison Sanchez.He definitely benefits from having Toby alongside and I am still convinced there is a top player in there.
Really enjoyed the game, when we play to our attacking strengths it is not only great to watch, it also takes the pressure off our defence and holding midfielders.
I am still firmly in the Jose out club ( I think it is disgraceful the way he attempted to coach us to play for fifteen months) but hopefully he can learn from his mistakes and we can have our Tottenham back.
A good day.It makes such a difference.

Agree we need a new keeper for the near to medium term future, I just wish that we could afford to really strengthen and secure a world class sweeper keeper with great distribution in addition to great shot stopping. I know I’m dreaming of a lot.

Such as who?

This is meant as a shot and you but a general comment when people make these kind of statements it would be nice if there was a realistic name or two or three to go with it, because I think everyone would love a world class sweeper keeper with great distribution, doubt there is many fans out there that disagree but if there isn't a realistic option than pining for it and dismissing other options doesn't really do much for us.

I think Seny Dieng is a possible GK. He is the best in the championship, already in London and would cost less than £10M. No idea if he is good enough for the premier league but he is too good for the championship, and given the amount of money there will be in the Summer a good signing

I almost never watch Burnley because I can't stand the way they play football. Anyway, I thought their performance today was a bit on the schizophrenic side of things. At times they put great pressure on the ball, especially high up the field, and made us look very jittery. At other times, they looked like they were on sedatives and did silly stuff like give Harry Kane too much time on the ball in midfield. And I had a look at Tarkowski, and what I noticed about him is that he regularly shat himself when one of our boys faced him up. Must have awful mobility.
Mate any time a person says Tarkowski is an option at Centre-back i put them on ignore. He makes Sanchez look like franco Barasi. Think of available options for GK Onana at Ajax covers most of the required skill sets. Im starting to think Ajer at Celtic for Dier and Milenkovic for Sanchez, Aarons for Docherty, This would go some way to fix the major holes.

That was more like it
Clinical and defended really well on the whole

That lineup was near perfect too , GLC or Dele for Lucas and the CB's is still up for debate but yeah really good.

Back
Top Bottom