Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have decided that I would probably shift N'dombele if it meant we would definitely be bringing in a LB and CB. A shame really but if we don't have the funds then that's the only way it can be done.

I think we were poor in the first half, though we should have ended in front. And I think our performance in the second half was unacceptable.

Jose made the wrong choice at half-time and deserves the blame today.

However, I´d like to talk about two players: Eric Dier and Delle Alli.

Alli basically interrupted our best way to hurt teams in the final period of last season - counter attacking football. He is not sharp enough and I don´t think he is a very intelligent player overall. If I´m right, he won´t be starting another Premier League match anytime soon.

Eric Dier starts because Jose likes him very much - again, something to blame Mourinho today. It´s obvious to me that our best CB partnership is Toby-Sanchez. "Dier is good in the air", they say. Well, he made big mistakes in the last two goals we conceded (today and against Palace, in July). Both set pieces, both in the air.

There were others, of course. Winks and Hojbjerg had a bad game - especially Winks. And everybody else had a terrible second half.

Last edited:
Genuine question for fans.

Will we ever experience another high like Moura's winner in Amsterdam?

I'm 24 and I'm fairly certain that I won't experience one for the remainder of my life. I expect to live until I'm 95.
Where does that leave us old farts?

Despite the “bonkers” start (which it is) Steve “I hate transfer windows” Hitchins and Deadly Dan still did not back the manager.

fuck me we have Dier and Toby as our first choice CB’s too. Laughable.

Levy and his mob of accountants have no intention of ever driving this club towards success.

It's always about having a profitable turnover and that's all it will ever be about with them.

Bale and Kane totally different players/positions.
Every time I see Kane dropping deep demanding the ball I know we are playing poorly. Our problem is and his problem today is we didn’t have a player who could find him passing between the midfield and defence.
Everyone was average, Kane not with standing but 9’s are much more at the mercy of the others v. other positions.
Bale had one season where he was unplayable - Kane five plus.
I know whose approach I’d rather.

Imagine Bale watching that??

Man grow the fuck up, ur so fucking hyperbole, yes the performance was shite but if we put away the early chances we had its a different game. Its the first fucking game of the season, if after 5-8 games were still shite I will be with you but fuck me grow a set.

Sorry. What’s your point?

We were shit.

Second half at home against a team that finished 12th and are not going to be title contenders we created nothing. Nothing.

They however did.

And that makes you happy? Think in a dressing room you would be the one being told to man up if you are happy with that performance.

Back
Top Bottom