Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Entitled” is a difficult one to agree with as We are Tottenham Hotspur. Not bloody Wimbledon with fans.

I don’t believe you would return to the Andy Sinton days as they were EXACTLY the same as this level of tripe.

the biggest con trick that Sugar and Levy both managed was to change one of the biggest and most successful football teams in the history of the game into also rans who pick up a league cup every decade or so.

Are you serious? This is our major honours....
  • Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
  • The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
  • Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
  • European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
  • UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
  • Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950
  • FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)
As much of a Spurs fan I am, I am a fucking realist. "in the history of the game" go take a shite.

Sad advertisement for a supposedly top 6 English football club....

A brand new season with a transfer window available and yet here’s what we witness...

Eric Dier, who spent 4 years as a midfielder replaces a legend Jan Vertonghen at Centre back....

Ben Davies, a quality back up left back and an important squad player, but I look around me for another left back and I see none, zero!!

Sissoko, one of the most fascinating memories from today’s game, where I got to see him play right wing, Centre midfield & right back all in the space of 45mins....who’s Liverpool’s player who undertakes this mountainous task?

Winks, same player doing the exact same things, nothing.

Alli, 45mins was enough to remind us his game isn’t there anymore, or at least not in the current team/set up.

Son, a bit like Sissoko, got to see him “fit in” where needed, same as last season really, will play ever game but just not sure where.

Moura, undoubtedly his CL semi final is enough to keep picking him forever....

Bottom line, another underwhelming transfer window & pre season preparation, looks like another slow start to the season, looks like, no scrap that we defiantly are are still putting square pegs in round holes....

There will no doubt be false hope arising when Kane smashes in about 12 goals in 8 games at some point, but that’s all it will be false hope....

If this transfer debacle is ENICS fault then it’s time to pack the fuck up and sell...
If it’s truly not ENICS fault then Jose needs to pack the fuck up and leave....
If it is Hitchens, the guy nobody knew actually existed two weeks ago then he needs fired.

Someone is to blame for our transfer incompetence, and the sooner we find out who that/those culprits are the sooner we can move on.....

I love spurs, but I honestly don’t know how much of my life and emotion I can give to worrying about and watching that absolute fucking dross.

Well, I was very positive at the start of the game and so I was extremely surprised at the lack of drive and creativity of the team.
I though Dougherty was good and shows a lot of promise but I was massively disappointed with Hojberg, I thought he lacked pace and also lacked ambition, whenever he got the ball he just seemed to want to get rid of it, didnt think he added anything to the team at all.
N’Dombele made a couple of good passes but he doesn’t like running, does he?
Toby was good, though..

Sure thing.

Under Poch we lost to Bayern 7:2 ; to Brighton 0:3 and were eliminated from cup against Lague One side. All within two weeks.
And he failed to deliver single trophy when he had prime Eriksen, Dembele, Walker, Jan-Toby, Kane etc. He wouldn't have won anything even if we'd had Messi, Ronaldo, Kante and Ramos in our side, sorry. He was buddy-kind-of-coach and made guys "believe" and "feel brave" but he was out of his depth quite some time before he got rightfully sacked. He literally oversaw us losing to Mou ManU in cup SF even though we had seen in the league that we are better than them in terms of players potential.

Not saying that Mou will lead us to everlasting glory. But Poch was absolutely done unfortuntately.
You have put some seriously funny stuff in that post. Fair play.

Two titles ever. EVER. Now best stadium in the world, one of two best strikers in the world, amazing training ground and a manager with about 10 domestic titles and a UCL

Not entitled to better

“Entitled” is a difficult one to agree with as We are Tottenham Hotspur. Not bloody Wimbledon with fans.

I don’t believe you would return to the Andy Sinton days as they were EXACTLY the same as this level of tripe.

the biggest con trick that Sugar and Levy both managed was to change one of the biggest and most successful football teams in the history of the game into also rans who pick up a league cup every decade or so.
[FORMATION][/FORMATION]

Are you serious? This is our major honours....
  • Football League Champions: 1950/1951, 1960/1961
  • The FA Cup Winners: 1900/1901, 1920/1921, 1960/1961, 1961/1962, 1966/1967, 1980/1981, 1981/1982, 1990/1991
  • Football League Cup Winners: 1970/1971, 1972/1973, 1998/1999, 2007/2008
  • European Cup-Winners Cup Winners: 1962/1963
  • UEFA Cup Winners: 1971/1972, 1983/1984
  • Football League Division Two Champions: 1919/1920, 1949/1950
  • FA Charity Shield Winners: 1920/1921, 1951/1952, 1961/1962, 1962/1963, 1967/1968 (joint), 1981/1982 (joint), 1991/1992 (joint)
As much of a Spurs fan I am, I am a fucking realist.
Sorry mate. I am not looking for a row or say anything that upsets you, but that’s quite a list of success. But note when the trophies dry up.

and how many clubs in the history of a game have won more ?

I think, overall the club deserves more and better than this.

How can Everton sign James, Doucoure, Allan and you only buy Hojbjerg, Doherty and Hart? And still blame Mourinho? Tottenham in transfer market is ridiculous. In my team in Portugal, Benfica, we already buy Jan Vertonghen, Everton Cebolinha and Pedrinho (both Brazilian internationals), Waldschmidt (German international), Darwin Núñez (the most promising striker from Uruguay) and almost Ruben Semedo. And we have less money and a much worse league.
Does the name, Daniel Levy mean anything to you?

Here's a fair point actually.
How much could we get for Kane?
Couldn't Kane funds revitalise this squad?
I mean, as much as Kane is a fine striker, he probably has a net negative effect on the club. He comes from our Ledley King school of weak leadership and I think it is this spirit, say a lack of backbone, that runs through our club.
Probably get best part of 200m for him. Thoughts?
It’s not beyond contemplation factoring where we are ..... he’s not the Kane of 2/3 years back where some began talking of him as the best player after the obvious 2.
I’m not sure if we are killing him or vice versa but it’s obvious the energy reciprocating between team and player has gone.

selling him might offer us the Coutinho effect, which has to be better than this.

saying that, I don’t believe we get anything like 200m, a 100m.... still a maybe

deviating slightly from the point I’d be happy to see Son through the middle

So we took Dele off for tactical reasons.

Not really sure what tactical reasons they were - we took off someone who could potentially pop up with a goal or an assist for someone who's second touch is usually an attempted tackle and who eventually ended up at fucking right back.

Back
Top Bottom