Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope today was just a blip but we were really fucking shit ,
Like absolutely dross ! I can’t believe a team with serious ambitions would ever field Sissoko , winks and Hojberg at the same time , I’m not singling out players but where does the creativity come from ? It’s going to be a long season

“Entitled” is a difficult one to agree with as We are Tottenham Hotspur. Not bloody Wimbledon with fans.

I don’t believe you would return to the Andy Sinton days as they were EXACTLY the same as this level of tripe.

the biggest con trick that Sugar and Levy both managed was to change one of the biggest and most successful football teams in the history of the game into also rans who pick up a league cup every decade or so.
Who do you blame for all the semi finals that Poch lost and more importantly who do you blame for us losing (without a fight) the CL final?

Buy bang average, play bang average.

However, buy your very own personalised Spurs coronavirus mask now! Only £59.99!! To dare is to do!

It’s not beyond contemplation factoring where we are ..... he’s not the Kane of 2/3 years back where some began talking of him as the best player after the obvious 2.
I’m not sure if we are killing him or vice versa but it’s obvious the energy reciprocating between team and player has gone.

selling him might offer us the Coutinho effect, which has to be better than this.

saying that, I don’t believe we get anything like 200m, a 100m.... still a maybe

deviating slightly from the point I’d be happy to see Son through the middle
Yes, let's get him to fuck. Agreed. Be bold and unafraid.

If we want the slimmest chance of getting top-4 we need a high calibre centre-back, a left-back, a playmaker and a striker! We may even need another defensive midfielder. Boy am i depressed!
:mourcry:
Not to kick you while you're down but most if not all of these were needed last summer and could have been very useful 2 seasons ago.

did that help your spirits? :allitongue:

I hope today was just a blip but we were really fucking shit ,
Like absolutely dross ! I can’t believe a team with serious ambitions would ever field Sissoko , winks and Hojberg at the same time , I’m not singling out players but where does the creativity come from ? It’s going to be a long season

I feel like some of our players are massively overrated and we have zero creativity, we need signings and they aren't going to come mate, let's be honest.

Everton showing more ambition today than Spurs for 21 years under the parasites. #EnicOut #LevyOut

They show "more ambition than us" for at least 6th year in a row.
None of those times have they ended up in better position than us.

FFS it was 1st game of the season.

Btw, go back in time and look 21 years before ENIC took over and past 21 years and see what was our average position before and within last years. And check same for Everton.

But hey, such facts are out of fashion now, aren't they...

So we took Dele off for tactical reasons.

Not really sure what tactical reasons they were - we took off someone who could potentially pop up with a goal or an assist for someone who's second touch is usually an attempted tackle and who eventually ended up at fucking right back.
Its easy to understand what the tactical reasons were but it was wrong.

Richarlson was getting a lot of free space due to Doherty being so high up in the first half so Mourinho thought putting Sissoko on as a right winger would give more protection to Doherty. In reality it made things absolutely worse.

Sure thing.

Under Poch we lost to Bayern 7:2 ; to Brighton 0:3 and were eliminated from cup against Lague One side. All within two weeks.
And he failed to deliver single trophy when he had prime Eriksen, Dembele, Walker, Jan-Toby, Kane etc. He wouldn't have won anything even if we'd had Messi, Ronaldo, Kante and Ramos in our side, sorry. He was buddy-kind-of-coach and made guys "believe" and "feel brave" but he was out of his depth quite some time before he got rightfully sacked. He literally oversaw us losing to Mou ManU in cup SF even though we had seen in the league that we are better than them in terms of players potential.

Not saying that Mou will lead us to everlasting glory. But Poch was absolutely done unfortuntately.
So you would prefer to be managed by Mourinho than Pochettino? Have I got that correct?

When I saw Sissoko on for the 2nd half I assumed it was for PEH.
Not sure what Dele was doing so wrong.
What a difference Ndombele made when he came on - not.
A lot of our players were very tired.
4 days before our next game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom