Tottenham v Everton - Sunday September 13, 4:30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So you would prefer to be managed by Mourinho than Pochettino? Have I got that correct?

No. I was so eager to see us get relegated with 7 months of 1.1 or so points per game.
Record losses and getting eliminated by half-pro teams was my dream. This 14th place in the table felt rly good.

So yea. Last season had two halves. One ended in 14th place and elimination against league two side, it was managed by Poch.
Other ended with 6th place. Not a dream either, but would take 6th over 14th every time.

If you are asking if I would like us to play in the way we did 17-18 or like we do now - ofc no doubt that 17-18 form.
Unfortunately Poch was delivering something entirely different and it had to end.

The amount of people moaning about transfers and Levy...It's time to realise guys, what happens on the pitch is strictly down to the players and the manager, and no team replaces their entire starting XI in a transfer window, so it's all on those that were on the grass.

It doesn't have to be replacing the whole team though.

Right now add a creative CM or attacking Mid with passing ability, Reguilon at LB and a back-up striker and we are so much better. That's 3 players, not a huge overturn.

Hell if instead of adding PEH we spent more for a better CM we could skip the new CM and get a CB to replace Dier like we need.

Thought Alli was fucking dreadful first half. But the sub was incredible. They were clearly battering us in midfield, Maureen brings on Sissoko to play as a right winger instead of making a 3 in midfield

inexcusable

Has anyone brought up the fact the Son doesn’t take the free kick at the end of the half and then Everton end up scoring on a free kick from that exact same spot?

Would like to hear why Son doesn’t at least make an attempt on goal.

Man grow the fuck up, ur so fucking hyperbole, yes the performance was shite but if we put away the early chances we had its a different game. Its the first fucking game of the season, if after 5-8 games were still shite I will be with you but fuck me grow a set.

This is the same shit we saw last year.

Why do you need 5-8 more games of this when we just watched a whole season of it, added zero offensive creativity to our line-up and watched Jose put out a super negative starting line-up?

hahahaah welcome to the new season. What a fucking joke I can't wait for 37 more games of this bollocks.

Mou will be lucky to see the season out, honestly.
He's more likely to walk out than wait for Levy to start throwing the blame on everyone else.

Kane talking about winning the league, Hugo talking about being nasty, Lamela talking about winning something. When are we actually gonna see their bluffs bring the results on the pitch?

They’re finessing us ffs.
Always talking success.

If Harry thinks jogging around up front is the road to victory, then lolz

Agree with all that but N’Dombelly has to be singled out for an absolute shocker
I was watching him in particular late on and was just was walking around totally disinterested and clearly didn’t want the ball when it was passed to him
Absolute disgrace as Everton aren’t all that

Like your boy, you do a great job of pointing away from him. In 14 minutes Ndombele got on the ball 5 times less than Sissoko managed in 45 minutes, which in real terms means he looked to get on it nearly three times more than Sissoko did. Ndombele had a wanky spell where he tried to pass forwards and gave it away three times in quick succession, but each time he went tearing back in to try and get it back. There was nothing disinterested about what Ndombele did. Bringing on your favourite donkey and then putting him in midfield absolutely fucked us. 66 minute - watch him turn his back on Toby and walk away from him.

Welcome back.

Did you really think Spurs were gonna be any better this season? Incidentally I refuse to watch them for several reasons. Problem there is Mourinho and outdated football. Same old spurs same old team nothing different. No ambition. I didn't need to watch it to realise nothing will change. I gave up on them as soon as Mourinho was appointed. Never watched a game since pandemic kicked in. I've missed nothing. Non League football for me.

Everton’s new signings look decent :levyeyes:

They were top drawer today, fair play to them. They were disciplined at the back, creative in the final 3rd and did all the shitty little things like winning fouls and taking the momentum and time out of the game in the 2nd half.
At times I thought we were playing a top Italian side, they had that kind of solidity and cleverness about them.
Make no mistake they will be in the mix for at least Europa.

I'm just not sure we will be, they made us look bang average.

This is the same shit we saw last year.

Why do you need 5-8 more games of this when we just watched a whole season of it, added zero offensive creativity to our line-up and watched Jose put out a super negative starting line-up?

Where were we when Jose took over? How many injuries did we have? and where did we end up? Christ, its simple analysis.

FFS, 3 of the guys in the Everton line up weren't even at the club a week ago.

And you have this guy talking about lack of pre-season or preparation like we were the only club not to have one.

Back
Top Bottom