Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What a lovely game to start with.

so going with the assumption that Kane will be gone , we have the two donkeys dier and Sanchez at the back, no creativity in the midfield , and sissoko , winks , aurier, and Davies still as options ...... I’m going with
1-4 loss

What a lovely game to start with.

so going with the assumption that Kane will be gone , we have the two donkeys dier and Sanchez at the back, no creativity in the midfield , and sissoko , winks , aurier, and Davies still as options ...... I’m going with
1-4 loss
New season, new hope.
That’s the spirit.

I look at our 1st 11 and let’s be honest, without Kane it’s mid table at best. Obviously we got the excitement of Romero to strengthen our back line but he isn’t fit. Gil is obviously exciting but he’s unlikely to feature. So , we are left with the same crap team as last season if not worse. The same rubbish defence that can’t defend will start. I couldn’t careless of Dier and Sanchez played well pre season. When it comes to the crunch and when the pressure is on, they fail to deliver on a regular basis. Until we get the signings in the door and the ones we have made available, I literally have zero confidence

I look at our 1st 11 and let’s be honest, without Kane it’s mid table at best. Obviously we got the excitement of Romero to strengthen our back line but he isn’t fit. Gil is obviously exciting but he’s unlikely to feature. So , we are left with the same crap team as last season if not worse. The same rubbish defence that can’t defend will start. I couldn’t careless of Dier and Sanchez played well pre season. When it comes to the crunch and when the pressure is on, they fail to deliver on a regular basis. Until we get the signings in the door and the ones we have made available, I literally have zero confidence
There has been no rebuild at all so far

I think it was fixed that this was our first fixture, and Sky were drooling over the prospect that Kane would be playing for the opposition. As Kevin Keegan once said " I would just love it" if we smashed this plastic team out of the park.
And Kane should not be allowed anywhere near the team, until after the window closes, if he hasn't be sold by then.

The pretense that the fixtures are picked at random is long gone.... They don't even bother lying anymore.

Last edited:
But now we're playing NUNOBALL.

I see signs of improvement. Even the squad being fitter alone should make a huge difference.

It's always the case that when the start of season and transfer window overlap there is frustration about getting players in to be ready for matchday 1. Well that's not happening so may aswell accept it.

I think by the time the window closes the squad will look far better than it did at the end of last season. And in the meantime I think we will surprise a few people with our performances in August.

Back
Top Bottom