Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There has been no rebuild at all so far

We sold our most experienced CB and have already replaced him, we have brought in Hugo's long term replacement. Rose has gone. We have sold Lamela and replaced him. The rebuild is happening right now. Still lots of work to be done but I don't think there will be too many players left from the CL final starting XI once this window has closed.

If we have a last minute penalty and Kane is on the pitch…
200.gif

There has been no rebuild at all so far

Depends what you wanna call a rebuild, but since CL final:

Ndombele
Gio
Sessengon
Clarke
Bergwijn
Gedson (Loan)
PEH
Doherty
Reguillon
Bale (Loan)
Vinicius (Loan)
Rodon
Hart
Gil
Gollini
Romero

...and counting.

What a lovely game to start with.

so going with the assumption that Kane will be gone , we have the two donkeys dier and Sanchez at the back, no creativity in the midfield , and sissoko , winks , aurier, and Davies still as options ...... I’m going with
1-4 loss
Now that Nuno has said Kane could be available, what's your prediction?

Now that Nuno has said Kane could be available, what's your prediction?
Pretty sure he just said ‘everyone’ who is training will be available as opposed to outright saying “Kane is available for selection”. Media have run with the latter though.

Not a chance in hell he even makes the bench IMO. His head and heart aren’t in the right place and he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team until a decision is made on his transfer.

Depends what you wanna call a rebuild, but since CL final:

Ndombele
Gio
Sessengon
Clarke
Bergwijn
Gedson (Loan)
PEH
Doherty
Reguillon
Bale (Loan)
Vinicius (Loan)
Rodon
Hart
Gil
Gollini
Romero

...and counting.
Fair enough

But damn that is a depressing list

He's supposed to be a Professional, why wouldn't he want to take IT?
Also it would be £10,000 in the bank scoring bonus.
If his contract details are to be believed.
If Nuno says he is available, play him.

Nuno said everyone that's been daily training will be considered for selection. And we can't assume that being professional means anything to Kane right now, can we.

He's supposed to be a Professional, why wouldn't he want to take IT?
Also it would be £10,000 in the bank scoring bonus.
If his contract details are to be believed.
If Nuno says he is available, play him.
I’d have him nowhere near the team right now.

He has acted like a little bitch and I wouldn’t want that negativity around a team in development under a new regime.

If he doesn’t get his move then his reintroduction into the first team needs to be handled appropriately. Dumping him straight back in will cause issues IMO.

I look at our 1st 11 and let’s be honest, without Kane it’s mid table at best. Obviously we got the excitement of Romero to strengthen our back line but he isn’t fit. Gil is obviously exciting but he’s unlikely to feature. So , we are left with the same crap team as last season if not worse. The same rubbish defence that can’t defend will start. I couldn’t careless of Dier and Sanchez played well pre season. When it comes to the crunch and when the pressure is on, they fail to deliver on a regular basis. Until we get the signings in the door and the ones we have made available, I literally have zero confidence
Skipp and Sess add some energy….. agree re pre season having zero bearing

Pretty sure he just said ‘everyone’ who is training will be available as opposed to outright saying “Kane is available for selection”. Media have run with the latter though.

Not a chance in hell he even makes the bench IMO. His head and heart aren’t in the right place and he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team until a decision is made on his transfer.
I'm wondering whether Kane is going to make himself available and be in the team, just so that he can save face and try to salvage the "refusal to train" fiasco.

It will just be for his PR obviously as he won't have had too much training.

Back
Top Bottom