Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think Reguillon, Dier (ffs), Lucas,Hojbjerg and Son are the only guaranteed starters for this one.

If you look at the minutes given out in pre-season so far it seems clear who the starting XI will be.

Lloris
Tanganga ? Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp Dele
Lucas Son Bergwijn

They are the guys that played close to 90 minutes against Woolwich. They are the players Nuno is preparing to start with. The only real question is who partners Dier. Lo Celso probably only fit enough for the bench.

If you look at the minutes given out in pre-season so far it seems clear who the starting XI will be.

Lloris
Tanganga ? Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp Dele
Lucas Son Bergwijn

They are the guys that played close to 90 minutes against Woolwich. They are the players Nuno is preparing to start with. The only real question is who partners Dier. Lo Celso probably only fit enough for the bench.

Any news about him going off against the scum?

......Was it an injury or just cramp?

Depends what you wanna call a rebuild, but since CL final:

Ndombele
Gio
Sessengon
Clarke
Bergwijn
Gedson (Loan)
PEH
Doherty
Reguillon
Bale (Loan)
Vinicius (Loan)
Rodon
Hart
Gil
Gollini
Romero

...and counting.
That’s a pack of cards. Cheap ones from the pound shop

But now we're playing NUNOBALL.

I see signs of improvement. Even the squad being fitter alone should make a huge difference.

It's always the case that when the start of season and transfer window overlap there is frustration about getting players in to be ready for matchday 1. Well that's not happening so may aswell accept it.

I think by the time the window closes the squad will look far better than it did at the end of last season. And in the meantime I think we will surprise a few people with our performances in August.
I'm hesitant to form any opinion of Nuno from pre-season; even Ramos looked good with emphatic wins against Norwich, Borussia Dortmund and Celtic and we all know what happened when the real 08/09 season started.

But, yes, for me, this season is about what Nuno can do. We need to be Zen about this. One man sees a problem, another sees a solution.

Not an ideal fixture to start the season, could get messy as the new signings haven't had time and probably won't start the season, neither will Kane in all likelihood so we start with roughly what we had against Woolwich, which lets be honest isn't great. I fear for us with any combination of Dier/Sanchez/Rodon against City's attacking talent.

Would rip your hand off for a draw but can see us going down 3-1

One thing is 100%..... IF Kane plays, that wormy fuck Pep will be disrespectful enough to be in his ear at every given opportunity at HT & FT.

Back
Top Bottom