Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care how you feel. But on the best day this club has had in a long while, you come in like a grinch: "bah, we were lucky, we still suck," etc. Fine, feel that way. But READ THE FUCKING ROOM.

Go for a walk. Make an omelette. Have a wank. Whatever. But if you walk into the party and take a shit in the living room, don't be surprised when everyone thinks you're a total dick.
That's what did for my first marriage..... taking a shit during the First Dance was never gonna go down well with the in-laws! But a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Which sitters?

Mahrez had a chance which was slightly easier than it looked.

Bergwijn missed a sitter for us, and Lucas has a shot cleared off the line.

It's not a 'fluke' when you're more clinical than your opposition. That's part of football.

Mahrez shot

Torres two feet in front of the net

Fernandinho free header 5 yards out

Same players, different manager!
I'm all for mugging off Jose. The difference today was night and day.

But we know those two have flaws. Sanchez was great today as it played to his strengths, positioning and shot stopping. His problem is when has actually has the ball at his feet. And when we play anything resembling a high line and he starts panicking.

I'd actually be more than happy to keep Dier around and have him fill in when needed, and definitely play the Europe / early Cup games.

But, ideally, we do need a new CB alongside Romero.

He's always had good numbers for KM covered per game. I think he has one of the record totals for that something like 13KM in one game.

I'm more concerned with where and how and when he runs rather than how much.
He was excellent today, a proper number 8. Won most of his 1v1's he's turning over more than anyone too (I've included pre-season in that as that's how we've and Dele has played including in these games).

I was impressed with Nuno sticking with his 4-3-3 against City, only when he made the Cuti sub did we drop into a back 5 (I did shoot myself when he brought on Dougherty but we were the fittest side, so no problems).

Mahrez shot

Torres two feet in front of the net

Fernandinho free header 5 yards out
Ever heard the saying "close only counts in horse shoes?"

They can miss all the fucking chances they want, doesn't take away our win and the fact we were the better side. Get off the computer you miserable cunt! If you can't enjoy this win you won't enjoy anything this season.

Ever heard the saying "close only counts in horse shoes?"

They can miss all the fucking chances they want, doesn't take away our win and the fact we were the better side. Get off the computer you miserable cunt! If you can't enjoy this win you won't enjoy anything this season.

I am enjoying this win, just because you keep trying to say I am not doesn't change facts.

And I am not saying they should get credit for those goals so not sure what you are rambling on about with the close only counts in horse shoes.

Grow up for pointing out the truth??

City missed sitters all day and we got lucky on the Son goal.

I will gladly take the 3 points but we were insanely lucky to win that game. That is the absolute truth.

The jig is up:

claude-aftv.gif

Back
Top Bottom