Tottenham v. Manchester City (Sun Aug. 15 16:30 BST)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is our best player and best player of all time, what is wrong with an Avatar of him?

You are just looking for things to cry about because I have a different, and better, opinion than you do.
Kane is a great player but he’s not our best of all time

I don’t know how old you are but I go back to the 60s and Greavsie was the GOAT

No argument

The jig is up:

claude-aftv.gif

No jig but keep crying

I'm all for mugging off Jose. The difference today was night and day.

But we know those two have flaws. Sanchez was great today as it played to his strengths, positioning and shot stopping. His problem is when has actually has the ball at his feet. And when we play anything resembling a high line and he starts panicking.

I'd actually be more than happy to keep Dier around and have him fill in when needed, and definitely play the Europe / early Cup games.

But, ideally, we do need a new CB alongside Romero.
He played about 3 Toby'esq balls over the top of City's backline and the same number line braking passes to the feet of our midfield and AM's who dropped into the midfield pocket today!!!

he's also been excellent in preseason too! (So too has Dier). It's early days but this is down to our organisation from Nuno IMO

He played about 3 Toby'esq balls over the top of City's backline and the same number line braking passes to the feet of our midfield and AM's who dropped into the midfield pocket today!!!

he's also been excellent in preseason too! (So too has Dier). It's early days but this is done to our organisation from Nuno IMO
To be fair, he did.

I would absolutely fucking LOVE to be proven wrong on Sanchez. It's simply the fact that he will have one great game, two ok games and then an absolute stinker. And when he has a stinker, it looks like it's the first time he's ever come into contract with a football. Who knows, maybe Romero will be the making of him.

What a day. Got to see my beloved Spurs do the plastic champions. With both my daughters. Celebrating Sonny’s goal with them was priceless.

Met up with a few members from here. Decent weather and a couple of beers. Witnessed a real TEAM effort. 11 motm performers. Get the fuck in Nuno. Whatever you’ve been doing just carry on doing it.

I’ll go to bed a happy boy tonight.

Every team could do with one!

But as well as we did today, put the likes of De Bruyne, Foden, Walker and an actual striker in their team and the result is far different.

You can be happy with us winning today without going overboard and thinking we suddenly have amazing players.
I agree mate my feet are firmly on the floor after this result good as it is

Kane is our best player and best player of all time, what is wrong with an Avatar of him?

You are just looking for things to cry about because I have a different, and better, opinion than you do.
"Kane is our best player and best player of all time" How old are you? I know it's all subjective, but have you ever heard of Danny Blanchflower. Dave Mackay, Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, to name a few?

To be fair, he did.

I would absolutely fucking LOVE to be proven wrong on Sanchez. It's simply the fact that he will have one great game, two ok games and then an absolute stinker. And when he has a stinker, it looks like it's the first time he's ever come into contract with a football. Who knows, maybe Romero will be the making of him.
I'm not even sure if he will be still here, we are clearly still looking for another CB (as actual bids have gone in, not just links). But I've been saying for quite some time that under a decent manager (I don't know how decent Nuno will be) that many of the players that have taken shit will be good. Jose lowers the expectations of every team he managers and has the fans thinking that all the players are shit and need to be replaced.

Back
Top Bottom