Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If people sing it like they mean it, he might well be persuaded!

Any banner makers out there, something along the lines of; "the fans don't get to pick and choose their club" might make him realise what he signed up for! ...but then again, it won't make a jot of difference, as he CAN pick and choose his new club.... WE can't!

Well he can't pick and choose his new club.

That's all dependant on who, if any, meets Levy's asking price.

If people sing it like they mean it, he might well be persuaded!

Any banner makers out there, something along the lines of; "the fans don't get to pick and choose their club" might make him realise what he signed up for! ...but then again, it won't make a jot of difference, as he CAN pick and choose his new club.... WE can't!

The club has had plenty of time to persuade him to stay by not being so fucking incompetent year after year.

Well he can't pick and choose his new club.

That's all dependant on who, if any, meets Levy's asking price.
But he can choose to leave Spurs.... WE can't (or won't) ever stop supporting the club. No matter where we are.
I think that was my point....

If winning a trophy was the only criteria that mattered in supporting a club, then about 88/89 Football clubs wouldn't have fans each year.... cos let's face it, only 3 or 4 clubs are in with a genuine shout of winning ANYTHING each season.... (and now fucking Leicester of course!)

Belonging, identity, history... taking the good AND the bad, is what makes supporting a club.
Sticking with them through thick and thin... even IF it's more thin than thick!

Sometines I feel completely stupid for supporting a club whose owners don't give a fuck if I support them or not, but also don't seem to give a fuck about giving us anything worth supporting.... yet here we all are.... in the vain, naive hope that Billy Nic mk.2 will turn up and guide us to another Double next season!!
It almost certainly won't happen again in most of our lifetimes, and I feel like an idiot for hoping it might one day.... but we keep on SUPPORTING, no matter what... cos we are SUPPORTERS!

if the club gave ME £200k a week to PLAY for them, let alone support them.... I'd never leave.... and the reality is, fans and players ARE different species...

I'd never want to play for another team to potentially help THEM win something ahead of a team I already support.... but that's why I'm a short, slightly chubby 48 year old with no football career to speak of behind him!

I supppse the only vague comparison I can make is that **if Star Trek offered me more money to leave 'playing for' Star Wars... would I consider it....?
Maybe, it's only a job, after all.... but then again, I didn't grow up 'supporting' Star Wars!

I love Tottenham SO much, it's been part of my life for well over 40 years.... but every time I feel let down by the club, no matter how hard I pretend to be 'done with it all' I... WE all still keep coming back.

I know it's a rather over dramatic comparison, but many football supporters are locked into something akin to an abusive relationship or drug addiction....
A one way love affair that nearly always ends in pain and disappointment, (apart from the occasional, fleeting 'high') but one we all keep coming back to for more!

It's fucking nuts!

** blatant; "I've worked on Star Wars" post alert**

Last edited:
So with all the Kane saga and fans protesting against ENIC/Levy does anyone believe the players will respond and win. Certainly not helped MU as they have not won any of the last 3 and the report I read, there were a to Glazier chants.
So that's 6th place gone.

But he can choose to leave Spurs.... WE can't (or won't) stop supporting the club.

If winning a trophy was the only criteria that mattered in supporting a club, then about 88/89 Football clubs wouldn't have fans each year.... cos let's face it, only 3 or 4 clubs are in with a genuine shout of winning ANYTHING each season.... (and now fucking Leicester of course!)

Belonging, identity, history... taking the good AND the bad, is what makes supporting a club.

Sometines I feel completely stupid for supporting a club whose owners don't give a fuck if I support them or not, but also don't seem to give a fuck about giving us anything worth supporting.... yet here we all are.... in the vain, naive hope that Billy Nic mk.2 will turn up and guide us to another Double next season!!
It almost certainly won't happen again in most of our lifetimes, and I feel like an idiot for hoping it might one day.... but we keep on SUPPORTING, no matter what... cos we are SUPPORTERS!

if the club gave ME £200k a week to PLAY for them, let alone support them.... I'd never leave.... and the reality is, fans and players ARE different species...

I'd never want to play for another team to potentially help THEM win something ahead of a team I already support.... but that's why I'm a short, slightly chubby 48 year old with no football career to speak of behind him!

I supppse the only vague comparison I can make is that **if Star Trek offered me more money to leave 'playing for' Star Wars... would I consider it....?
Maybe, it's only a job, after all.... but then again, I didn't grow up 'supporting' Star Wars!

I love Tottenham SO much, it's been part of my life for well over 40 years.... but every time I feel let down by the club, no matter how hard I pretend to be 'done with it all' I... WE all still keep coming back.

I know it's a rather over dramatic comparison, but many football supporters are locked into something akin to an abusive relationship or drug addiction....
A one way love affair that nearly always ends in pain and disappointment, (apart from the occasional, fleeting 'high') but one we all keep coming back to for more!

It's fucking nuts!

TRY it for another 20 years and you will probably start a thread asking if we will win the league THIS year ! Just turns you mad !

This. Had a text conversation with my Brother in Law about the Kane situation etc etc and after we had finished moaning and complaining he ended with....... 'but we will still be there '.......

And the sad thing is, he is right.

Line up seems to pick itself. Bale worked his arse off in the last game; and it makes sense to reset him for the Leicester game.

Lloris
Tanganga - Toby - Dier - Reggie
PEH - Lo Celco
Moura - Alli - Son
Kane

Villa with nothing to play for; so I imagine they will take a few risks to try and score some goals.

Spurs 4 - 2 Villa

Goals for Son, Alli and Kane's final goal at the lane coming in the final minute.

So with all the Kane saga and fans protesting against ENIC/Levy does anyone believe the players will respond and win. Certainly not helped MU as they have not won any of the last 3 and the report I read, there were a to Glazier chants.
So that's 6th place gone.
Hopefully seventh place gone too

But he can choose to leave Spurs.... WE can't (or won't) stop supporting the club.

It's fucking nuts!

Worked in star wars? How? Where? What?!

Back
Top Bottom