Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since CL football is out of question, what do you guys think about ditching EL for good (even with the idea of finishing below Spam, even Woolwich)? I meant being out of EL, would allow us a more compact squad and with more quality if we invest well, so we can clear out the deadwood. Less sentiment on keeping fringe player for squad depth purpose, which is our current issue.

If there is possibility to finish above Spam and Woolwich yet avoiding EL for the above reason, I would prefer that.

Missing out on EL won't necessarily fix the issues you raise.

Missing out on EL won't necessarily fix the issues you raise.
Just hope. It's better than whoever the new manager fancies big squad to juggling all the competitions and repeat the shit cycle.

One less competition that has the CL qualification bait, the new manager would have to upfront with the players he doesn't rate, that they may not see game time at all. Perhaps that would provoke their pride to seek a new club?

Played almost the full 90 minutes 3 days ago + we have another game on Sunday. Leicester should be the tougher of the 2 games and it would be good if he was fully fit for that.

Moura should be enough to pester the villa defence and if not, Bale can come off the bench.
I see your logic.
The only hole in it is I would expect Bale to go missing away to Leicester. Not sure saving him for a game he's unlikely to affect is wise.

Not sure Mason is capable of such deductions either of us have made though lol.

Drop Kane - If Spurs aren't good enough for him he can shove his golden boot up his arse - play the players who haven't bitten the hand that made them.
We cut our nose off to spite our face before benching Walker those years ago, don't be foolish. EL and finishing above West Ham/Woolwich still needs getting over the line, and Kane can/will play his part in that. If he's leaving, let him leave on a high and get the golden boot over that cunt Salah.

We cut our nose off to spite our face before benching Walker those years ago, don't be foolish. EL and finishing above West Ham/Woolwich still needs getting over the line, and Kane can/will play his part in that. If he's leaving, let him leave on a high and get the golden boot over that cunt Salah.
If he's leaving, I couldn't care less if he gets the golden boot or not, my only concern is that we win our last two games.

Spurs should never want to not be in Europe.
Not disagree, but feel like it's doing more harm than good if we're maintaining a big squad full of deadwood for the sake of it, which hinders our ability to compete in every fronts. Our starters still have to play too much to bail us out, yet ultimately it leads to them to burnt out eventually, and the deadwood fill in would crash our season.

Only if you believe the Sky rumours and everyone else who has piggy backed on them. Fuck them, lets play our best players and win the game.
Agree with that.
And if the rumours are true,then we will just be using him for 180 minutes to get the best possible finish left open to us.
Dropping him,unless he is dog shit ,makes no sense.

Last edited:
Let's face it, if the EL is SOOOOO beneath us, we can always name the U-16's/11's* as our EL squad, and not even worry with the First teamers.... treat it with the contempt it apparently deserves, and see where the kids get us...

If they do well, great, if not, at least our 1st XI darlings didn't have to make a round trip to Azerbaijan (or wherever is deemed unworthy of our services) the previous Thursday!!

*insert age group here >>>

If he's leaving, I couldn't care less if he gets the golden boot or not, my only concern is that we win our last two games.

That's exactly why he should play.

I will get up at 3 am Sydney time, not to watch Kane ( if the rumours are true ), but to watch Spurs try and qualify for EL and finish above the Scum.

Let's face it, if the EL is SOOOOO beneath us, we can always name the U-16's/11's* as our EL squad, and not even worry with the First teamers.... treat it with the contempt it apparently deserves, and see where the kids get us...

If they do well, great, if not, at least our 1st XI darlings didn't have to make a round trip to Azerbaijan (or wherever is deemed unworthy of our services) the previous Thursday!!

That won’t happen tho

I would play u23’s plus first team’ers notplaying in PL

But needs to be taken by u23 manager and staff not first team

I know people bang on about it as a distraction but I think that in what will be a transition season, it has its value. I've enjoyed seeing players signed from abroad and youngsters get their eye in playing in it.

If we were on the verge of a title push then I can absolutely see why we'd want to fuck it off, though really you'd probably be in the Champions League at that point.

I thought Kane had more credit with us, Spurs fans. This nonsense that he's just another player and that we don't care.
I would be devasteted if he leaves. I will never forget what ENIC done in these 4 5 years, shambolic decisions.

Easy said than done. When we're in it, we fall for the same trap about alternative CL qualification, and keep playing our best players to progress. Then thing crashes down causing domino effect again.

The Conference thing though, without the bait, I can see manager wouldn't give a crap playing the best players.

I thought Kane had more credit with us, Spurs fans. This nonsense that he's just another player and that we don't care.
I would be devasteted if he leaves. I will never forget what ENIC done in these 4 5 years, shambolic decisions.

Spurs come first, always. If Kane leaves, he becomes just another player who becomes irrelevant to the club. Sorry, but that's how it is. The only loyalty in football is from fans to their club (and by club, I mean the institution itself, not the board/owners).

Back
Top Bottom