Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I genuinely feel sorry for younger fans. We won 11 trophies between 1961 and 1984. Had 2 or 3 very close runs at the title in the 80s and was unlucky not to win the League Cup in the 80s as well.

Going to football was cheap and brilliant fun. We had the biggest away support in the country in 1977-78 and 1978-1979. I loved it.
You're absolutely right, thank goodness that they can't take away the memories away. Even the odd away game I've been to in the last couple of seasons haven't been the same.

Just seen it. Bloody abysmal. Utter disgrace of a performance. Sorry for anyone who shelled out £60 for that turgid display.
I'm not sorry

No one should have paid up 60 quid to watch that load of shite play aston villa

What a message that would of sent

You can wave around as many paper banners and sing levy out as much as you want but it won't achieve anything , the fact you are in the stadium and your cash is in Enics pocket means nothing changes

Hi Spurs fans

Very surprised at how lacklustre Spurs looked, particularly with the fans being back in the Stadium and obviously having more to play for than us. After watching you beat Wolves so comfortably on Sunday, this wasn't the Spurs team I was expecting to show up tonight.

Second half I was expecting to be under the cosh, but never really happened and we looked more like the side from early in the season with Jack back in the team.

Great for a couple of the lads who have helped us get to the Youth Cup final to make their debuts as well.

Hi Spurs fans

Very surprised at how lacklustre Spurs looked, particularly with the fans being back in the Stadium and obviously having more to play for than us. After watching you beat Wolves so comfortably on Sunday, this wasn't the Spurs team I was expecting to show up tonight.

Second half I was expecting to be under the cosh, but never really happened and we looked more like the side from early in the season with Jack back in the team.

Great for a couple of the lads who have helped us get to the Youth Cup final to make their debuts as well.

Don't expect this post to be received enthusiastically given how fucking depressed we all feel right now.

Hell, I can't even be bothered to insult you! So welcome :(

Hi Spurs fans

We are utter shite

Don't get too excited

We are utter shite

Don't get too excited
To be honest, after the last 3 seasons of wondering if we were going up or staying up going into the last match, it's bloody great to finish the season in mid-table mediocrity and being able to watch the matches without feeling like your hearts going to explode.

You weren't good tonight, but you've still got some top players capable of sticking 6 past Man United at Old Trafford. Wouldn't surprise me if you go to Leicester and get a result on Sunday. Just seem to lack consistency.

Live look at Spurs after losing to Villa

GefkiLW.gif

Is anyone optimistic about a top-4 finish in 2022?

This is dog rough boys and girls, were finding it hard out there. We are absolutely blowing.

Don’t think he will ever be ready. His team selections have been a farce. He doesn’t appear to understand the game
Bringing on Doc when trailing is perhaps the stupidest and most pointless substitution I've ever seen. Tha argument that he's "shop windowing" cannot possibly be true or he would have had 45 mins minimum

jesus fucking Christ Spurs... only YOU could make the long awaited magic of fans finally coming back into the stadium worse than Covid was in the first place... you utter fucking pricks!

How can I love and hate something at the same time in equal measure...?

BRAIN...

CAN'T

COMPUTE!

fuck this season... fuck 2020/21!

roll on the horrors that await in 2022... it's gotta be better than this!
roll on the horrors that await in 2022... it's gotta be better than this!

I wouldn't be so sure....

I have never claimed it is all Mourinhos fault. The blame lies with way Levy has handled the football side since the summer of 2016. Penny pinching control freakery. Our recruitment has been shite since that date. Thats the basis for this mess. The Mourinho appointment didn't help but again thats on Levy.
John/Joan Thomas is correct when he points us to the extremely telling interview where Levy is QUOTED as saying it's a business investment. Surely even the most hardened Levyite must admit that there's really no question about that! The proof of the Pudding is in the dismal end to a totally embarrassing season.

The fans in the stadium were an utter disgrace and contributed to the loss. Booing your own team - FUCK OFF.

My press mate was working the game. At half time SON stormed down the tunnel shouting that the fans were booing them all the time. And I quote 'They keep booing. Everytime we pass, everytime. Fucking hell. I can't play like this". He also made reference to the same thing happening at Wembley.

At the end of the day, Villa exposed our weakness. Our defenders are not very good at playing out from the back and don't like to be pressured on the ball. We have no outlet for long balls since Son/Bergjwin don't contest them, Harry can't jump because of his ankles and they doubled up on Dele.

Well played to Villa and a good example where we need to make improvements for next season.

Played some pickup football during the match and then just finished watching a recording of our match. Think the guys I played with earlier showed more desire to win than did most of our players today. What a fucking disgrace that was.

Mason has way overstayed his welcome too with the Winks and Dier nonsense. Some of our starters can hold their heads high...

Stevie, Japhet, Hugo, Toby

The rest? So poor.

Rangnick or Campos. Those are the only names that will get me excited for next season.

Bringing on Doc when trailing is perhaps the stupidest and most pointless substitution I've ever seen. Tha argument that he's "shop windowing" cannot possibly be true or he would have had 45 mins minimum

Shop windowing when qualifying for the EL was in our own hands is nonsensical anyway. Don’t see it myself but then this is Spurs I guess so you can’t rule anything out

Back
Top Bottom