Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only downer today was Soldado

A great first half chance which he again can't even get on net

A second half cupcake which he doesn't come close to scoring on.

I laugh. I cry. What a frustrating player right now to support

Despite his misses, I thought he played very well today. Did a great job in buildup play and maintaining possession in the mid to final third. But he's feckin got to start finishing his opportunities.

This was the first game we've looked comfortable since Norwich earlier this season. We dominated and I was particularly pleased to see what looks like the beginnings of finding some balance with the first team. Like others have mentioned, Erikson on the left worked well today and was reminiscent of Modric when Harry first came. Ramos was struggling to find the best positions for some of the players and was resorting to playing Bentley ahead of Lennon!!

Now Timmy's sticking a flying winger on one side and a ball playing player on the other, it works better and having Chadli gives us options. What was clear today was the importance for our defenders to have a strong pair in Dembele & Paulinho in the middle.

Let's hope we play like this against Utd!

Dembele was brilliant today, he Lennon and Paulinho were the clear difference between Boxing Day and Today.

The Ref was also kind to us, for once......pretty much everything went our way

The Ref was also kind to us, for once......pretty much everything went our way

Realistically Shawcross should've been carded for the penalty, and thereby sent off for his yellow later in the match. But yes, it was nice to finally have a game free of screaming at the ref. The timing is nice what with having Webb for Man U on Wednesday... yikes what a shit official draw.

Rose back and providing the width w Eriksen operating in front of him is far more ideal then Siggy there

And Lennon over Chadli everyday of the week and twice on Sunday for me

That Stoke forum is fucking AIDS.

Not only is it full of inbred cunts who think we should've had 9 men and they should've had 2 pens.. it looks like shit too

That Stoke forum is fucking AIDS.

Not only is it full of inbred cunts who think we should've had 9 men and they should've had 2 pens.. it looks like shit too
I've just had a quick read through of the threads relevant for today on there and they seemed to think that they played well? Is there some sort of joke that I've missed?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

the highest scoring game of the day and we're still fucking last on motd????????!!!!!!! FUCK THIS SHIT

:dawsonmean::dembele::lamelawtf::sherwoodwtf::walker:

To be fair, all three other games were between top ten sides and were actual contests. The fact it wasn't covered much goes to show that we should be expected to hammer sides like Stoke.

although not quite as good, lennon's goal reminded be of that ridiculous head height volley bale scored against these lot a couple seasons ago. the flight of the ball was identical, albeit from the opposite side

Difference between AVB and Sherwood is i believe Sherwood is the type of manager that can put worse teams to bed but struggles against the better teams. AVB however always seemed to nick points from top 8 teams but then we'd lose to Fulham(last season) or West Ham. I realize towards the end AVB got bummed by City an L'Pool but I still stand by this. if avb had been more willing to field more attacking midfielders against lower opposition, as Old Timmy does, we would've beaten teams like Fulham and west ham and wouldv'e been in CL this year.

Would disagree.

AVB this season against the Top 8 teams

Played 7 Won 0 Drawn 3 Lost 4 Scored 3 Conceded 16.
Doesn't look good to me. Only Norwich, Palace and Swansea have worse records against the top teams.

AVB had been found out. In just the 3 games I have more confidence in Sherwood than I ever did under AVB,
People were sold by him being a foreign manager, but as Collymore said this morning he came from a third tier league, and has failed both times he was promoted to a tougher league.
An English manager that loses 2 games is called a crap manager. they just don't given the same time by punters, who get fazed by some new-fangled hipster who talks a good game..

We had become more of a flat-track bully (if you can call sneaking 1-0 wins with dodgy penalties bullying)

[quote="PhillyHotspur, post: 449040, member:

And Lennon over Chadli everyday of the week and twice on Sunday for me[/quote]
On todays performance YES! But, It's easy to forget the performances when you wonder why he's out there?

Back
Top Bottom