Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever you do, don't go to the Paxton then. I am in Block 21 to the left of the goal, and there are two ST holders near me (I had to move seat recently), a father and son who seem to have 3 tickets. They are there most games, but the third ticket varies as to who they bring. The son spends every game slagging off Walker, except when Walker isnt playing, then he spreads the moaning to the whole team. The Dad yesterday shouted at Soldado that he was "fucking useless" when he missed a chance in the second half. The guy they brought yesterday and to WBA was jeering our players at WBA and moaning about them yesterday even when we were 3:0 up. When I was giving Charlie Adam some jip about his sister being his mum, the guy shouts out "I'm not with him", clearly he was embarrassed that I was abusing THE OTHER TEAM'S PLAYERS AND NOT OUR OWN !!

All three of these "supporters" were gone at 3:0 down against Lolerpool. I don't think I have ever heard them sing.

They seem nice enough people, I just wish they would get behind the team sometimes

I just don't understand them going in the first place,they must get some joy out of slagging of our own players, what total bellends. Really does fuck me off. Maybe they think that they have earnt the right to vent their frustration of their sedentary lives at our football players as that's their only way to channel it, that's what I have assumed about the old cunts around me yesterday:

Their missus hasn't shagged them for nearly 20 years

They have been working in their same dull job for over half their life now and they fucking hate it

They have hair growing from all holes and their expanding waistline means they haven't seen their cock for a decade

Their severe lack of actual football knowledge frustrates them and resort to generic football shouts like "....Press them...." and "....Stick it in the back of the net....."

If I had these issues in my life I would no doubt be a moany cunt, luckily I'm not and will sing my fucking bollobks off every game I go to

"Not a penalty. Your arms naturally go up when you jump, it wasn't intentional handball". Stoke fans, yesterday.

_71991095_adebayor_pa.jpg

That was the bizarre thing, it was intentionally blocking a shot on target (no one else to stop it) with your arms, is that not a straight red? Looked to me like it would have gone in without that block.
Refs seem to practice differently from each other when it comes to double punishment (penalty and a sending off f.ex). I read somewhere that FIFA want to change the rules to make it simpler.

Great day yesterday, best at the Lane this season. Attacking, fluid football, 3 goals and spurs fans singing with pride!

To the bloke at the back of Block 32 / 33 in the Park Lane lower, I take my hat off to you. Starting up all the old songs, Archibald, Hoddle King of WHL, Nice One Cyril, Number 1 is Robbie Keane... very funny and all round a good crack.

Last edited:
The most positive thing from yesterdays' result/performance, is that for what seems like an eternity, we won a game we were supposed to win, and won it well.
Not too much huff and puff, though had we gone in 0-0 at HT, I imagine the natives may have become restless...
but as it was, with Man U and U know who on the horizon, we really needed the win, so as not to pile too much additional 'MUST WIN' pressure on Wednesday...
yes, a win would be wonderful, but it is unlikely, but after 7 points from the last 3 games, a draw wouldn't be the end of the world (we would, after all, be taking two points off them too remember!)
I'm weirdly OK with the Top 3 teams at the moment probably being the top 3 at the end of the season (in a different order though hopefully!) so it's between Man Utd, the Scouse Brothers and Us for 4th... which, unusually, I can handle... if it were us, Chelsea and The Arse going for it (again) I wouldn't fancy our chances at all... but at least we're in with a shout with the other three...
hopefully! :avbpray:

I also just realised yesterday the Eriksen song is fucked now and we can't sing it because AVB has gone!

"Erik-sen-sen-sen...he's our #23
Erik-sen-sen-sen now he's playing for Timmy,
to the left, to the right...."

Still works a treat as far as I can see!

or this one i suggested in the other thread, it should be sang on wednesday just to wind up them rag lot

i wanna tell you,
i might as well do,
about a boy who could do anything,
he comes from denmark,
his name is christian,
ERIKSEN ERIKSEN ERIKSEN

Sorry to hear what it was like for you. I was in Block 35 of the Park Lane Lower and it was a really good atmosphere throughout the vast majority of the game.

Apart from one bloke behind me who kept slanging off Chadli even when he wasn't on the pitch. Other than that I really enjoyed it, unlike the West Brom match on Boxing Day which was dull in comparison.

Wish I was in 35 yesterday... I was 'next-door' in 36 and the atmosphere was really poor - it's amazing how it can be so different in an adjacent block. I think it must have been a combination of the fact that 36 is usually an away block so it was full of day trippers rather than regulars and that it was right next to some fairly intimidating Stoke fans. There were only 3 or 4 others around me that seemed to want to sing anything. The blokes next to me left after 80 minutes, while we were enduring an onslaught of '3 nil, and you still don't sing', and I got some absolutely filthy looks for joining in with 'hey campbell'.

Only positive for me singing-wise was that there was a good response when I started 'stand up if you love Tottenham' - probably because the stewards had just spent 5 minutes getting everyone sat down!

Oh and also worth pointing out that there was a LOT of foreskin-related chanting from Stoke, which obviously the stewards did nothing about. But they did outsing us for pretty much the whole match, they even did a couple of "let's pretend we scored a goal"s!

Great day yesterday, best at the Lane this season. Attacking, fluid football, 3 goals and spurs fans singing with pride!

To the bloke at the back of Block 32 / 33 in the Park Lane lower, I take my hate off to you. Starting up all the old songs, Archibald, Hoddle King of WHL, Nice One Cyril, Number 1 is Robbie Keane... very funny and all round a good crack.

I was towards the back of 32 and he also gave a fine rendition of the David Ginola/Any Dream Will Do number as well as 'Why Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For'.

If the club want to create an atmosphere then give the man 8 pints and a free seat for every home game.

Was there anything to read into fact the players didn't celebrate with fans for any of the goals they ran into the pitch rather than to touch line?

Perhaps they are sick of the home atmosphere too

I just don't understand them going in the first place,they must get some joy out of slagging of our own players, what total bellends. Really does fuck me off. Maybe they think that they have earnt the right to vent their frustration of their sedentary lives at our football players as that's their only way to channel it, that's what I have assumed about the old cunts around me yesterday:

Their missus hasn't shagged them for nearly 20 years

They have been working in their same dull job for over half their life now and they fucking hate it

They have hair growing from all holes and their expanding waistline means they haven't seen their cock for a decade

Their severe lack of actual football knowledge frustrates them and resort to generic football shouts like "....Press them...." and "....Stick it in the back of the net....."

If I had these issues in my life I would no doubt be a moany cunt, luckily I'm not and will sing my fucking bollobks off every game I go to
I want to rate agree, like and funny on this!!

Back
Top Bottom