Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

although not quite as good, lennon's goal reminded be of that ridiculous head height volley bale scored against these lot a couple seasons ago. the flight of the ball was identical, albeit from the opposite side
Maybe Lennon is the chosen One, the new massiah? He has shown us a sign of his greatness as the great one who went before him, the one they called Bale.

Lennon was always a big player for us. The season before last people were begging for the ball to go to him even with Bale on the pitch we should show him the respect he has earned - class player and with walker will be devastating

Just landed back from UK in Chicago I want to be in the air every game with results like that so happy!!!

Also in a show of blind faith in us I put soldado captain this week in fantasy footy - love the guy

Come on you spurs!!!!!!

I'm surprised that so many people are talking about Lennon playing well. I thought he was pretty poor the first half. Made a nice chance for Soldado that he scuffed and scored the goal but other than that he was anonymous. The goal kinda masked a somewhat poor performance IMO. Although I have to give him credit for the goal that. It was a great volley that I really didn't expect him to pull off.

Had to sit in the lower east yesterday, and I have I don't know if I can do it again, a few songs were ironicly muttered behind me as the other sides of the ground started them, I mean muttered though. Surrounded by 50-70 year old fellas who no doubt been a fan of the club for many years but they literally turn up and moan their fucking heads off. So negative and their actual knowledge of the club is horrendous. When our first goal went in, the geezer next to me didn't break conversation with his missus, like the goal was an inconvenience as now he had to shout to talk to her.

I'm looking forward to visiting that fucking hellhole in the cup cos at least it means I won't get looked at like an alien for starting a song.

Some parts of the ground did seem loud yesterday, just not my part!!

Had to sit in the lower east yesterday, and I have I don't know if I can do it again, a few songs were ironicly muttered behind me as the other sides of the ground started them, I mean muttered though. Surrounded by 50-70 year old fellas who no doubt been a fan of the club for many years but they literally turn up and moan their fucking heads off. So negative and their actual knowledge of the club is horrendous. When our first goal went in, the geezer next to me didn't break conversation with his missus, like the goal was an inconvenience as now he had to shout to talk to her.

I'm looking forward to visiting that fucking hellhole in the cup cos at least it means I won't get looked at like an alien for starting a song.

Sorry to hear what it was like for you. I was in Block 35 of the Park Lane Lower and it was a really good atmosphere throughout the vast majority of the game.

Apart from one bloke behind me who kept slanging off Chadli even when he wasn't on the pitch. Other than that I really enjoyed it, unlike the West Brom match on Boxing Day which was dull in comparison.

Just think of how many we would have scored if the Lane hadn't turned into a cabbage patch recently...

From where I was standing sitting in the PL it seemed most of the misplaced passes and scuffed shots were due to the bobbly ground, it really was crap. What's happened to the best pitch in the league? I hope we have a new pitch on the way in January.

Great result and performance today from the lads. Stoke were probably the worst team I've seen at WHL this season, I do not even remember them having at attempt on target.

I was in fits of laughter when those around me in the Park Lane Lower, started singing:

'HOW SHIT MUST YOU BE, WE'RE WINNING AT HOME'

Onwards & upwards, COYS!!

And then "how shit must you be, we've scored two goals". :)

Whatever you do, don't go to the Paxton then. I am in Block 21 to the left of the goal, and there are two ST holders near me (I had to move seat recently), a father and son who seem to have 3 tickets. They are there most games, but the third ticket varies as to who they bring. The son spends every game slagging off Walker, except when Walker isnt playing, then he spreads the moaning to the whole team. The Dad yesterday shouted at Soldado that he was "fucking useless" when he missed a chance in the second half. The guy they brought yesterday and to WBA was jeering our players at WBA and moaning about them yesterday even when we were 3:0 up. When I was giving Charlie Adam some jip about his sister being his mum, the guy shouts out "I'm not with him", clearly he was embarrassed that I was abusing THE OTHER TEAM'S PLAYERS AND NOT OUR OWN !!

All three of these "supporters" were gone at 3:0 down against Lolerpool. I don't think I have ever heard them sing.

They seem nice enough people, I just wish they would get behind the team sometimes

I'm surprised that so many people are talking about Lennon playing well. I thought he was pretty poor the first half. Made a nice chance for Soldado that he scuffed and scored the goal but other than that he was anonymous. The goal kinda masked a somewhat poor performance IMO. Although I have to give him credit for the goal that. It was a great volley that I really didn't expect him to pull off.

It wasn't just his attacking play - the fella done a great job tracking back and helping Naughton (who had a good game as well).

His performances over the last 18 months have been much more well rounded for me - he is not a one trick pony anymore.

While he still has the same limitations going forward (picking the right pass/cross) the fact he now helps out in a defensive role makes him a massive asset.

Back
Top Bottom