Unpopular football opinions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's seemingly very difficult for you though, what are you struggling to understand here?

i-dont-want-peace-i-want-problems-always.gif

Man City & Chelsea's Titles and trophies are worthless 'cos they simply threw more money at making sure theywon them than the rest of football....

(and you can 'whatever the opposite of retrospectively' throw Newcastle into the mix in 5 years' time!)

There. I said it!
That's a given... Well it's how I judged it

Yeh; saw way too much 'tactical agony' being used to break up play last season.... It's getting more and more prevalent too.
Yup, more specifically to Spurs, there was a big uptick in just kicking the shit out of our players and getting away with it in the last 6-8 games of the season.

Liverpool, Southampton, Villa, Arse, Palace, and even Norwich were at it. Only Arse got punished by the refs. Villa with Cash, and Ashley Young especially just going out there to hurt someone.

Yup, more specifically to Spurs, there was a big uptick in just kicking the shit out of our players and getting away with it in the last 6-8 games of the season.

Liverpool, Southampton, Villa, Arse, Palace, and even Norwich were at it. Only Arse got punished by the refs. Villa with Cash, and Ashley Young especially just going out there to hurt someone.

Well it's the flipside to my earlier comments; but yeh..... Some really nasty shit being thrown in during that last half-dozen or so games.

He looks pretty average in La Liga/CL too tbh. Unlike say Romero where his talent was just undeniable, Pau Torres must be quite low key good, cos when I watched Villareal, my eyes were never drawn to him.
He's the average hyped spanish player. That guy that looks calm on the ball, had a good pass but does shit all. If Winks played in Spain he will be called the new Iniesta and be sold to United for 100 m quid just to be loaned every season until his contrat runs out.

My unpopular opinion is that every spanish player that can pass a ball properly will be hyped cause of the generation that won the WC. Now they seem to think the only important thing in the game is to pass the ball and control the possession, one of the most boring team to watch now.

‘Stand up if you hate A*****’ is the chant the club and trust should be banning - from another age and fucking tinpot. Why even think about those twats unless we’re playing them.

I love going to places like Burnley, Stoke, Blackburn etc midweek on a cold Winter’s night. There’s something quite fascinating about these peculiar shit towns in the middle of nowhere. Can’t believe people still live there in the 2020s.

It's funny Victim FC destroyed the Man City bus in the champions League afew years ago and everyone at the time was saying "this is what Liverpool's about"

Yet any slight injustice against them specifically and it's everybody else's fault

Imagine what would be said if a team celebrated their trophies on the anniversary of Hillsborough?

Yet nothing was said about them celebrating on the anniversary of the Heysel Stadium disaster which was their fans fault
Don't think you'll find this is an unpopular opinion among most football fans, apart from most of the media and the red scousers, of course.

Back
Top Bottom