WBA Vs Tottenham, Sunday 8th Nov - KO 12noon - Sky Sports PPV.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

EmTyrkvXcAAkJcL

18 attempts in the 2nd half.

Thats probably the most in any half since Mourinho was appointed.

We wanted it.

We got it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people expect us to just roll over other sides.

West Brom played well. They’re drilled and defended in numbers. They hoped to score from a set piece.

It’s hard to beat professional football teams that play like that.
Some fans seem to expect that because they’ve never heard of the opposition players that they are crap. It’s not true, nowadays professional footballers are all fit and have had years of top training. They may lack the talent of our players but they can compete in an organised way to try and limit us. Wrong to imagine anyone will roll over.

Who's your team?
Oh man. I forgot I'd have to explain this again. (Sorry, nothing against you or your curiosity of course; I've just had to answer this one about a dozen times on here already)

Cliff notes: no club, England only, Harry Kane is my all-time favourite player, have developed a soft spot for Spurs after following every match Kane's been in for the last seven or so years, but I just can't quite bring myself to support a business, happy about the win today though :)

So many taking it for granted that you just stroll to a sexy win against teams that park bus..... Wake up call: Man U lost to one 1-0 last week! ;)

Last edited:
Some fans seem to expect that because they’ve never heard of the opposition players that they are crap. It’s not true, nowadays professional footballers are all fit and have had years of top training. They may lack the talent of our players but they can compete in an organised way to try and limit us. Wrong to imagine anyone will roll over.

Tbf that is probably good for football.

It never ceases to amaze me how people expect us to just roll over other sides.

West Brom played well. They’re drilled and defended in numbers. They hoped to score from a set piece.

It’s hard to beat professional football teams that play like that.

All true. But we could make it just a little bit less hard if we swapped Sissoko for Lo Celso and payed a slightly different tactical set up and moved the ball from midfield just that bit quicker and with a bit more incisiveness, no?

As I said in my post a few pages ago, that wasn't the worst grind out performance, but week after week we seem to be making things harder than necessary. Brighton were tactically very different from West Brom, but we still created knish.

Well done us for the grind, but is it heresy to think we could just be a soupçon better with a minor tweak or two?

Dont knock Brum, the city has made massive improvements recently. We have working traffic lights now
And many ghettos.
Bags of garbage not collected.
Funny accent, like a whining aircraft engine.
Terrible German market.
Muslim terrorists.
Awful spread out shopping area.

I visited recently and wondered how I ever managed to live there for nearly 20 years !

Oh man. I forgot I'd have to explain this again. (Sorry, nothing against you or your curiosity of course; I've just had to answer this one about a dozen times on here already)

Cliff notes: no club, England only, Harry Kane is my all-time favourite player, have developed a soft spot for Spurs after following every match Kane's been in for the last seven or so years, but I just can't quite bring myself to support a business, happy about the win today though :)

Thanks for explaining, Are you English (just curious) ?

That's an extremely good win in a very, very, VERY tough game.

We weren't at our best, but they were.

One quality ball to our most lethal threat was the difference.

First real, proper piece of quality I've seen from Doherty.

More of that, please.

Top for an hour 'n half, at least.:kanegoal:
He's looked devoid of confidence, in my opinion. I think having to play a much more defensive role, competing against Aurier (who has raised his game) and giving away 2 pens probably did it. A clean sheet and this assist (a total beauty) will do wonders for his confidence.

Back
Top Bottom