We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On a side note, it really annoys me that everyone who is trying to give us credit in their articles and comments keeps bringing up Pool and their match and lumping the two events together as if they are one and the same, or that we were the fucking encore. What we did last night and over the course of this campaign is a far bigger achievement. We have a much weaker squad, we were in much worse shape and form going into the semi, and they have a lot more money and have spent a lot of that to build a cherry picked team exactly to their manager's specifications. Plus we were playing away from home in a much more competitive match against Ajax who kept attacking and posed a huge threat right to the end, unlike Barcelona who were terrible and had given up early on. We have come back from the brink so many times this season, it's been an incredible story, but the fucking media with their love for those cunts, will not acknowledge it.

I know we are the designated home team, but fuck me I want to see this team in that wonderful third kit in the Final.

Only exception is if we can wear next season's home kit, which I assume is better than this year's monstrosity.
I was going to buy that wonderful third kit earlier but it's so ugly that I bought the blue 2nd shirt instead, and it was cheaper as well. (It was surprisingly quiet in the club shop when I went).

Read through a load of this thread during breaks at work today, and it's fucking glorious.

I'd made my peace with the fact we were going out by half time, and was at least grateful that my nerves weren't gonna go through the mill, like they did in the last round. I'd explained that to my wife about 2 seconds before Lucas scored his first, and so I had to tell her to ignore everything I'd just said. From that moment it was edge of the seat stuff. When the second went in I turned to her and was very insistent that Moura would score hat-trick, but I think she thought I was going mad. When the winner went in I couldn't stop shaking for about an hour. I woke our 1 year old up celebrating that goal, but whatever! My missues had gone to bed about 15 mins earlier, after I told her that Spurs seemed to score in the CL after she's gone to bed, and she came running downstairs when she heard me celebrating.

Haven't been able to stop reading stuff about the game all day. So proud of the team and excited that Spurs will be doing something I never truly thought I'd ever see. Obviously I hoped I would, but always thought something would go wrong, like it normally does!

For about 5-10 minutes before we scored I kept thinking about what the feeling might be like if we did get a third, but it was so much better when it actually happened.

We could've made it easier for ourselves, but would that feeling at the final whistle have been any better if we'd done it in any other way? I doubt it

Interesting night. I was in the home end but got sussed out pretty quickly. I had an ajax scarf on and was silent throughout. Someone chucked a beer at me, which hit my head, after we scored our first. I left on 85 minutes as I thought if we scored, I would be in serious trouble. Watched the end of the game in a cab. Unbelievable. I went to Dam after. I can tell trouble will happen. Plus, I am still feeling it from last night so am now tucked up tight.
I can't believe we are in the CL final.

Props!

Get home safe.

I love the guy to bits, genuine man crush. He's every inch as good as either Pep or Klopp imho. I hope he stays at Spurs forever!

Bonus points.... He has class, humility, no cardigan, no stupid teeth, no baseball cap and.... and.... and..

Mate, last night was a drop in the water. We’ve just camped up in a bar, but the Ajax youth are going for anyone spurs, regardless of if your a shirt or not.

So despite liking reggae, this lot are generally right cunty basically.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom