Which cheap striker would you go for?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which cheap striker would you go for?

• Troy Deeney

• Josh King

• Olivier Giroud

• Habib Diallo

• Chris Wood

• Ollie Watkins

Results are only viewable after voting.
Out of the strikers mentioned above I would go for Chris Wood. Hard as nails, good finisher, good hold up play, gives almost any defenders difficulties. The perfect foil for the likes of Son and Bale. Similar to Giroud but younger, more mobile but not as good in the air.

My ideal would be Eduardo but I am sure the price would be off putting.

Should have gone for Callum Wilson. Homegrown, solid striker, relatively cheap.

Levy has done good work this summer but feel like we’re going to end up with another Vincent Janssen.

Does anyone know what’s going on with Milik now? Old news?

Here’s pretty much the strikers in the PL.
Vardy
Aubameyang
Lacazette
Aguero
Jesus
Jiménez
Rashford
Calvert Lewin
Richarlison
Wood
Maupay
Deeney
Ayew
Haller
Giroud
Long

Must be more, but you get the idea.
Now firstly say which you would actually want, because by my reckoning, when you take out the likes of Aubameyang and Vardy and others who are completely impossible, I can’t see that people here would want anyone.

So could someone explain exactly who they want the club to sign to come and sit on our bench.
Because it seems many people demand a striker, but are extremely deluded as to what’s actually out there, while having some kind of mirage when they look at other teams options.
Ings

Forwards with a year left on contract:

Arkadiusz Milik
Josh King
Diego Costa
Christian Benteke
Robin Quaison
Olivier Giroud
Kevin Gameiro
Nikola Kalinic

Refuse to believe we can't get one of those. List for 2 years left is even better.

Arkadiusz Milik
Josh King
Diego Costa
Christian Benteke
Robin Quaison
Olivier Giroud
Kevin Gameiro
Nikola Kalinic

Refuse to believe we can't get one of those. List for 2 years left is even better.
Milik would be good, however with his wage demands and Utd being interested, this might not be possible. If we can’t get him, Origi from Liverpool would be my choice. Shouldn’t be to expensive, plus Liverpool have just signed jota

Out of the strikers mentioned above I would go for Chris Wood. Hard as nails, good finisher, good hold up play, gives almost any defenders difficulties. The perfect foil for the likes of Son and Bale. Similar to Giroud but younger, more mobile but not as good in the air.

My ideal would be Eduardo but I am sure the price would be off putting.

Agreed. Since he is so good in the air, we can train him to exploit the hand ball rule and just head it at people's arms.

But in all seriousness, he has proven himself in this league.

It’s all about Ings for me. If you really are ambitious as a club you go for the best. I would bid 50 mil for Ings. 50 mil for Skriniar and Just be done with it. Obviously make most of that money back by selling Ali, Aurier , Foyth etc.

Arkadiusz Milik
Josh King
Diego Costa
Christian Benteke
Robin Quaison
Olivier Giroud
Kevin Gameiro
Nikola Kalinic

Mainz wants between 10-15 mil for Quaison. That's easily doable. Fairly certain he is the youngest out of that lot as well aside from maybe Milik.

Back
Top Bottom