Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed. Not the years of subpar investment in the squad.
Are you suggesting that not buying Grealish is why Ndombele is shit?
Or that not replacing Eriksen when he was world class is why he became poor?
Or that not buying a LB is why Dele went down hill?

One thing a lack of investment, quite another the complete and utter regression of the remaining players though.
Blame competition for places all you want.....you didn’t want Dele, Kane and Eriksen dropped anyway, so what’s the fucking difference

Are you suggesting that not buying Grealish is why Ndombele is shit?
Or that not replacing Eriksen when he was world class is why he became poor?
Or that not buying a LB is why Dele went down hill?

One thing a lack of investment, quite another the complete and utter regression of the remaining players though.
Blame competition for places all you want.....you didn’t want Dele, Kane and Eriksen dropped anyway, so what’s the fucking difference
So whose fault is it that the players regressed? Because these very few players you’ve mentioned are still struggling under your beloved Mourinho????

Sure, a proper RB might have not made Eriksen or Dele better but we’ve replaced our two better players in the system Poch implemented (Rose, Walker) with a bottom half Swansea player and a PSG reject.

We’ve gone from one of the most dominant pairing in the league in Dembele - Wanyama to Winks - Sissoko.

If this doesn’t make you think why we’ve gone backwards so much since our last title challenge then I don’t know what else to say. You’re a thick skin anyway so I won’t even bother replying to you unless you acknowledge what I’m trying to say.

Even with mediocre players coming in to replace the ones we sold everyone knows 2 in central midfield v 3 centre midfielders is always a recipe for disaster and so it proved. Yesterdays game was lost in midfield. We had no control and no concerted attacks. That's down to the manager. JM is lucky there was no fans there. Never wanted him and knew it was a shite appointment. The most abject football I have ever seen

There's only one man for it, with this fantastic squad of players we've got..

:harrylol:

Been supporting Spurs since 1989 and Redknapp's period of management was my favourite. Poch did amazing well but Redknapps's teams were more fun to watch for me. If only he had the Harry Kane that Poch had. That's all that was missing

I know many Spurs fans that cannot stand the wheeler dealer, chancer, gobby elements of him but I was and I am a big fan.

We need another Poch style project manager from the German school. We've tried the quick fix and it's made things worse and we'll be left with a lot of difficult to shift players. The likes of Kane and Son might be not be prepared to stick it out for a big overhaul and we may need to cash in.

I’d take that I love the current football in Germany

Even with mediocre players coming in to replace the ones we sold everyone knows 2 in central midfield v 3 centre midfielders is always a recipe for disaster and so it proved. Yesterdays game was lost in midfield. We had no control and no concerted attacks. That's down to the manager. JM is lucky there was no fans there. Never wanted him and knew it was a shite appointment. The most abject football I have ever seen

I don’t know AVB’s was the same, I actually have fallen asleep to his football but Bale could always pick up the ball from 40 yards, run 10 then smack it in the corner.

Been supporting Spurs since 1989 and Redknapp's period of management was my favourite. Poch did amazing well but Redknapps's teams were more fun to watch for me. If only he had the Harry Kane that Poch had. That's all that was missing

I know many Spurs fans that cannot stand the wheeler dealer, chancer, gobby elements of him but I was and I am a big fan.
I liked him as Tottenham manager as well, loved that 09/10 season. Couldnt believe some if the stuck he used to get simply because of who he was. As you say it was just fun to watch. Poch still gets my vote out of the 2 though, for 3 seasons the enjoyment rivalled that of the early 80's which i never thought would happen. Either way i just miss that entertainment and looking forward to the next game. Just cannot bare what we have become.

Back
Top Bottom