Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tumblr_inline_mry1bpCONm1qz4rgp.gif

Serie A: Miralem Pjanic is in no rush to talk over a new deal with Roma

By Patrick Haond | Last Updated: October 1, 2013 4:06pm

Roma star Miralem Pjanic says he is not ready to talk to the club about a new contract.

The Bosnian midfielder, linked with a host of clubs over the summer including Tottenham, has enjoyed a good start to the new season.

Reports in the Italian media claim Roma want to talk with Pjanic - who has two-years left on his current deal - about a new contract.

However, the former Lyon star has explained toL'Equipe that he is not ready to talk.

"I have two years remaining on my current contract and it is not the right time to talk about it," he is quoted as saying.

"If the club wants to talk, there will be a better period for that. I am focused one just one thing so far, giving my very best to the club."

Pjanic had issues with former coach Zdenek Zeman last term, but he is now flourishing under Rudi Garcia.

"Since pre-season training, everything has been very clear between the coach and me," he said.

"Anyway I had no desire for anything else than another season here.

"I want to pay back the coach and the club for the trust they showed me. I feel at ease at AS Roma."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-in-no-rush-to-talk-over-a-new-deal-with-roma

I believe every word of that article.

What about the comments too?
comment from Saints fan said:
It seems that there atill young experienced reporters who have not taken on board the revolution at Southampton. This is a very ambitious club who are attempting to break down the existing hierarchy in english football, and it is therefore that their best players particularly those who have come into the first team from the academy are beyond price. Simply no point in making offers they will be binned. Much more likely is the prospect of Saints cherry picking the best talent from other english clubs,including the likes of Spurs Woolwich Liverpool and so on.

We could be in trouble chaps!!

Back
Top Bottom