Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Serie A: Miralem Pjanic is in no rush to talk over a new deal with Roma

By Patrick Haond | Last Updated: October 1, 2013 4:06pm

Roma star Miralem Pjanic says he is not ready to talk to the club about a new contract.

The Bosnian midfielder, linked with a host of clubs over the summer including Tottenham, has enjoyed a good start to the new season.

Reports in the Italian media claim Roma want to talk with Pjanic - who has two-years left on his current deal - about a new contract.

However, the former Lyon star has explained toL'Equipe that he is not ready to talk.

"I have two years remaining on my current contract and it is not the right time to talk about it," he is quoted as saying.

"If the club wants to talk, there will be a better period for that. I am focused one just one thing so far, giving my very best to the club."

Pjanic had issues with former coach Zdenek Zeman last term, but he is now flourishing under Rudi Garcia.

"Since pre-season training, everything has been very clear between the coach and me," he said.

"Anyway I had no desire for anything else than another season here.

"I want to pay back the coach and the club for the trust they showed me. I feel at ease at AS Roma."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-in-no-rush-to-talk-over-a-new-deal-with-roma
They didn't even manage a "Miralem wont Pjanic to sign new deal" type headline.... Fail.

i swear to fuck if we buy another midfielder i will punch levy right in the dick. Left back, young gk (not sure how promising archer is so kind of talking out of my ass) and possible a cut rate striker not too concerned about warming the bench. Carlton Cole im looking at you.

emergencies for January: an attacking LB (loan for Coentrao etc) and some solid CB (Kaboul doesn't look like he'll ever really regain fitness :()

within next two windows: promising striker who can also play LWF (no idea ... c'mon Baldini), Halilovic (next Croatian Messi :sneaky:), and Pozuelo (no chance but I'd love him)

If we want a left wing than I would love if we could get Antoine Greizmann!He is awesome.
If we want a LW we should be looking at trying to get Draxler... have Lucky Lewis serenade him about life at spurs and boom we have a potential world best player for us again!

Draxler would cost an absolute fortune. Don't think he too keen on moving as well.

He may be of similar mindset to Eriksen, given that he turned down offers from City and Madrid this past summer. Granted, he may have just been looking to develop another year at Schalke, but he very well may looking for a top club opportunity where he can still see premium playing time.

Holtby, Chadli, Townsend, Lamela, Eriksen and Sigurdsson I think are enough reason to not break the bank for Draxler or the like - and that's with a 4-2-3-1, we can always switch to 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 if we want to bring in other positions into the team. First choice LB / better backup than Fryers is all we need.

If we want a LW we should be looking at trying to get Draxler... have Lucky Lewis serenade him about life at spurs and boom we have a potential world best player for us again!
I would love Draxler,he is a fucking fantastic young player,and if I could chose which player will we try to get,it would be def. Draxler,but he would cost big money and I'm not sure we will pay that.

Young Sweeper-Keeper
Attacking Older veteran LB (who is okay being second choice) or a loan deal
Young ST.

I think you're better off with an older second keeper whos happy playing second fiddle . Any young keeper whos second choice will either be shit or anxious for a move for 1st team football

Sunscreen...gif

Who is this woman?

Can't see us spending too much in next window. Don't really know whereabouts we need to strengthen. A LB/RB maybe, fuck It Coentrao, Ince and re-sign Bale.

Can't see us spending too much in next window. Don't really know whereabouts we need to strengthen. A LB/RB maybe, fuck It Coentrao, Ince and re-sign Bale.

Don't think any one of those would fix any of the holes in our team. Coentrao comes - Rose will want to leave then. Ince comes - helps at LW, but not the LW/striker we are looking for, and would kill Siggy. Bale - no point in discussing.

We need a keeper. Friedel and Gomes are huge downgrades because neither can play the same way Lloris can. We need a faster and younger keeper. We need a veteran attacking LB. Rose has said that if he isn't first choice he will leave. But we do need cover.

I think you're better off with an older second keeper whos happy playing second fiddle . Any young keeper whos second choice will either be shit or anxious for a move for 1st team football

I think if we don't seriously compete in the CL in the coming year or two, Lloris will be gone. Even if we do compete serously, Lloris is probably still gone. Lloris is the best player on our team, hands down. If we buy a veteran keeper, it will solve the problem for the very short time. So maybe get a loan deal in January and loan/sell out Friedel/Gomes. Then buy a 18-19 year old fast and promising keeper. Have him play under Lloris for a year or two and when Lloris moves on, he will be ready.

Back
Top Bottom