Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, and that didn't turn out so well. :vdvcry:

He's still friends with Sylvie, and is now currently banging her best friend.
I think he's alright .. really don't worry about him

rafael-twitter--z.jpg

I forgot how much I hate the transfer window. The way people are reacting to RUMOURS about Holtby and Capoue is fucking shameful. Some of you sound like Chicken Little running around screaming, "THE SKY IS FALLING".

It is always incredible how poorly people deal with rumours and shit like this. We hear bullshit all summer and all January, every single year. Yet, people still fail to grasp the fact that most of the people writing this nonsense don't know anything more than we do.

Calm down and put on your big boy pants everyone. It is transfer season, have you really not grasped how it works yet? We call it silly season for a reason. Can we at least save the melty nonsense until something official happens?

Grow up. We're going to be fine. Take a few deep breaths.

(This isn't directed at anyone in this thread. Just a general reminder.)

Yet, people still fail to grasp the fact that most of the people writing this nonsense don't know anything more than we do.

I'd say half of the articles I've read about "transfer rumors" the writer knows less than we do. They might be a writer, but don't know about Tottenham inside and out like we all do.

I'd say half of the articles I've read about "transfer rumors" the writer knows less than we do. They might be a writer, but don't know about Tottenham inside and out like we all do.
The bigger papers definitely have some really lazy journalists. Some rumours are directly laughable, like when they write that a player wants to move because he's not getting any time on the pitch, and the journo has obviously missed that the player has been out with a broken leg the last 3 months.

4th place, no 4th place...Sherwood won't be manager next season. Why the FUCK is the board letting this guy throw away one of the best young talents just because he doesn't like the way he hazed the development squads.

Re: Holtby, well I am really worried because when Bild is running a story with football it might be something in it. It's a dreadful paper, but they have really good contacts in the football world.

4th place, no 4th place...Sherwood won't be manager next season. Why the FUCK is the board letting this guy throw away one of the best young talents just because he doesn't like the way he hazed the development squads.
So that Schalke can find a replacement for Draxler and sell him to the Goons.

Bale-Ozil all over again, mate - the Man with the Gooner Tattoo strikes again

:troll:

Last edited:
You just know what's going to happen. Sherwood trims the squad with the finesse of a chainsaw , bad run of form before end of season, CL missed, Sherwood sacked, new manager (see step 1 and repeat)
I don't think Sherwood would be here next season either way, bar winning the EL or finishing 3rd in the PL.

I think we're simply waiting for top names to become available after the WC and wanted to increase the squad morale by not having the care-taker 'tag' like Chavs did with Rafa last year and the subsequent media ridicule and circus. Sincerely doubt he'd be here next season, personally. For better or worse.

Absolute fucking joke if this is really true

Transfer news: Lewis Holtby could leave Tottenham to seek regular first team action with former club Schalke

Tuesday 14 January 2014

The 23-year-old has struggled to make an impact since joining Spurs a year ago and his agent Marcus Noack has suggested a return to the Royal Blues in a bid to boost his dwindling hopes of appearing at the World Cup in the summer.

"Lewis is desperate to play, which is why we are looking intensively for solutions," Noack told the Bild newspaper.

"Schalke is an interesting option."

With Jermaine Jones requesting a transfer, Schalke could find themselves short of numbers in midfield and a loan of Holtby until the end of the season could be an option.

Holtby left Schalke for Tottenham a year ago after 18 months with the Bundesliga club.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-action-with-former-club-schalke-9057919.html

Villas Boas has received a lot of criticism for his man management skills...........seems to me a fair few players who were previously happy biding their time on the bench are now agitating for moves

I guess all this proves is that it's near on impossible to keep every player content.

I'm worried about Sherwood's gushing praise of Townsend though, I'd prefer to see us cash in on the ridiculously high esteem he's held in after one or two England games than get rid of players like Holtby.

"Schalke is an interesting option."

With Jermaine Jones requesting a transfer, Schalke could find themselves short of numbers in midfield and a loan of Holtby until the end of the season could be an option.

...yes, but what does he do???

Seems like every club's got one!

Question. If it turned out that Holtby was being a spoilt brat and disrupting things behind the scenes would you rather he stayed or went?

I think I could name any other player in the squad that might be capable of that and run through them all, before I got to Lewis Holtby!

Just can't see it m'self... or were you being hypothetical?

Back
Top Bottom