Wycombe Wanderers vs Tottenham Hotspur | FA Cup 4th Round | Monday 25 Jan, KO: 19:45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho put our strongest team out for this one, these are the type of fixtures that can be a banana skin and he takes the cups very seriously. I'd like to see Kane, Son and Ndombele rested, but I'm not sure if he will.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho put our strongest team out for this one, these are the type of fixtures that can be a banana skin and he takes the cups very seriously. I'd like to see Kane, Son and Ndombele rested, but I'm not sure if he will.
I think he will put a mixed team out. Our B team has had quite a few games over the course of this season already.

Wycombe are a recently promoted championship side, they won't be able to keep up with the fitness of a decent PL side. We saw that against Brentford too, they were struggling badly in the second half.

Going to have to be a B team isn't it with the dippers 3 days later?

Don't know much about Wycombe but I'm sure something like this should get it done.

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Winks Sissoko
Lucas Dele (if still here) Lamela
Vinny

That's what we have a big squad for after all.

Bale doesn't even make my B team.....
Oh No Reaction GIF by OceanX

There was a fascinating stat which surfaced in the build-up to the game which told you everything you needed to know about Wycombe. Out of the 23 League One teams, Wycombe ranked 23rd in average possession, passes, short passes, sequences of more than ten passes and width per passing sequence.

Wycombe don't play attractive football. They play effective football.

The boss sensed a need for change but did not have the resources to do so. Instead of moping around and blaming his surroundings, he set about fixing things. Ainsworth pulled together a motley crew of lower-league rejects and told them to do nothing but play hard.

The defenders stand tall and firm and are rarely scared to put their body on the line to recover possession. Once they get the ball, it goes straight up to the striker, whose job is to bully defenders, win headers and let his teammates get forward away from possession.

Why waste time passing the ball up the field when you can just hoof it in one go? You don't win games by not getting the ball into the final third.

Ainsworth knew that was the style he needed to play, so he found the perfect man - Adebayo Akinfenwa, the behemoth who bears a striking resemblance to a monster truck and who many believed couldn't make it in football because of his size.

At 38 years old, Akinfenwa looks set to enjoy his first taste of second-tier football next season, and like Ainsworth, he hopes to prove why people were so wrong to doubt him.

Here's a guess at the team and subs:

1LLORIS Hugo
24AURIER Serge
14RODON Joe
6SANCHEZ Davinson
15DIER Eric
33DAVIES Ben
8WINKS Harry
11LAMELA Erik
9BALE Gareth
27MOURA Lucas
45VINICIUS Carlos
Substitutes
2DOHERTY Matt
4ALDERWEIRELD Toby
7SON Heung-min
10KANE Harry
12HART Joe
17SISSOKO Moussa
25TANGANGA Japhet
28NDOMBELE Tanguy
54DEVINE Alfie

It’s hard not to have one eye on the Liverpool game. These lads are bottom of the championship for a reason. I don’t think we need to go wholesale changes but Kane and Son shouldn’t be playing this. Moura and Vinicius should mop the floor with them. Every other position can be case by case

------------------------hart-----------------------
doherty---rodon--sanchez-----cirkin
-----------winks--sissoko---------------
---lamlea-------bale----------lucas----
-----------------vinnie--------------------

lamela is key for me as he brings such a high intensity he forces his team mates to up theirs. think we can even get away with playing winks and sissoko as long as we have that front four. have ndombele on the bench just in case but hopefully winks and sissoko is enough

We should play:

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Tanganga Cirkin
Alli Sissoko Lamela
Lucas Vinicius Bale

Almost agree

----------------------- Hart
----------Sanchez -- Rodon -- Tanganga
Doherty ----------------------------------- Cirkin
---------------------Alli -- Winks -----------------
------------------------Lamela
----------------- Bale -------- Vinnie ---------------