Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Installing a screen in my old man's bedroom as he can't walk anymore and I'll be watching with him. Hope we nick it without Kane I'd go with
Hugo
STJ
Aurier Dier Winks Davies
Dele Eriksen
Llorente

Llorente can hold the ball and release dele running into open spaces

Both teams were poor. They had two DMs we had Winks.
They had lukaku we had no Kane.
They weren’t that much better. They were at home.
We held in and a draw would have been fair result.
Yet you have to take chances. We plugged away and pulled them open .Dele scores that different outcome.
Then they hit the post.
Went route one, long, flick on and goal.
Hard to stomach but if we would have won it would be the same for them.
We have been without key players of last season for most of this.
No Rose, Dembele, Wanyama, And Kane today.
With what we have got we did ok.
It’s nothing to do with Mourihno instilling a mindset. It’s defending with 5 defensive players. breaking up moves and hitting you with a long ball.
Pulis does that, with lesser quality players.

ITs football.
We have also stuffed Mourihno teams. I think if we would have had Kane , different game.
Son is not as physical. You have to thread it through to him, and they knew that

Can you please explain what the role of a fan with a winning mentality has against say a fan that doesn't have a winning mentality. It would also be very interesting to know how this winning mentality in any way is relevant to winning or losing a game of football.

Thanks.
It's like this:
The fans who seem to think they have winning mentalities say fuck all when we are winning.
They crawl out from under their rocks after defeats.

Figure that one out of you can

I will be watching this at the Coach and Horses, and will kill two birds with one stone by seeing the new stadium progress in the flesh. Last time I was in Tottenham, they had just started to knock down the East Stand, and the Park Lane was still fairly intact. Shame about Harry, but if we are going to make a statement that we are not a one-man team (which we know we're not, but others still need convincing!), then a good result is needed. We need to keep it tight for 90+ minutes, not for just 45 like Wednesday.

We’d look at this match at the start of the season and mark it down for zero points. Like our matches away at City, Chelsea, Woolwich and Liverpool. It’s drawing at home against Burnley that messes up our title challenge, not losing at Old Trafford.

Yeah, I know. But it just gets tiresome that every time I am not at a game I read the match thread and it's always the same people moaning endlessly throughout and after a match, especially if we lose, yet if we play really well the same people just offer one or two mealy mouthed compliments for the side (if they even bother to turn up at all). I have no problem with criticism when it's due, but I just don't get the revelling in misery that some seem in to. Aren't we supposed to be supporters?

It’s the not turning up when we’ve won that gets me. So transparent.

Back
Top Bottom