Yanited vs Tottenham, Oct 28 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL. After having a brief read through the threads it would appear nearly every post gives us a win tomorrow. This is letting hearts rule heads to say the least. We have no fit Delembe, Rose. Lamela, Wanyama, and now Kane. We lost to a crap West Ham side at home the other night, yet so many still think this is three points in the bag. Sorry guys, we are going to get stuffed !!

I'm pretty amazed this blatant troll-clown hasn't been booted off here. Can we agree that if Spurs win tomorrow he'll be red carded for all eternity as part of the celebrations?

:dembelefingers::dembelefingers::dembelefingers:

If your not fucked off or upset by todays squeamish display and result then maybe Woolwich mania is your true home pal.
I’ve seen us lose around 300 games John. Away at Utd by a scrappy goal isn’t near the top. I actually expected us to lose today. Why? Because of Dr Tottenham, poor mentality, poor training, poor management, poor players? No, because most teams that go to Utd lose. You carry on though John. Youre such a great fan. Rip it out of the team youre such a fan of a bit more

Tired of these people so obsessed with the narrative of Spurs winning trophies and "making statements" every game played. Every team plays 38 games, every team drops points. Just because Man U beat us today doesn't mean they will finish above us. It doesn't mean we won't win the league. It doesn't mean ManU will win the league. It doesn't mean Man City will win the league.

Where the fuck did all these glory hunters come from anyway? Constantly moving the posts on what's considered success to the point that it's not ever attainable. No team wins every game, but we win the majority. We've only had an "elite" level team for 2 seasons built upon constrained investment and great coaching...we aren't suddenly Real Madrid. It's fucking magic what this manager and team have achieved given where we were when Pochettino took over. Enjoy the fucking journey because we don't know the future.

/rant

I'm disappointed more for Kane than us wanted him to score up there and kiss the badge reveal a tshirt that said 'I'd never sign for united' etc

We'll be okay as an attacking threat whether that be Son or Llorente or both.

People say Kane being out resulted in poor form, nonsense we beat city etc with Son as a false 9. It was Toby being out that cost us our form
The one thing that it has saved us all from is endless, tedious Kane vs Lukkau bullshit. As I type this a little smirk has just appeared on my face thinking about all the Jorno's and Statsmen who have been working through the night with their graphics and diagrams, all for nothing.
:llorishowudoin:

No Kane?

giphy.gif

LOL. After having a brief read through the threads it would appear nearly every post gives us a win tomorrow. This is letting hearts rule heads to say the least. We have no fit Delembe, Rose. Lamela, Wanyama, and now Kane. We lost to a crap West Ham side at home the other night, yet so many still think this is three points in the bag. Sorry guys, we are going to get stuffed !!

It's my first post here, so hello ladies & gents, but fuck me, what is all this about. And I still don't consider Wembley 'home' and I never will.

Anyway, back to the point, although Kane is not available with our regular back line playing I feel like we should be able to keep Utd out but they always have a goal in them.

We should have Son, Alli & Eriksen playing hopefully and they're all capable of scoring. They stepped up last year when Harry was out for a period so if they can do the same again tomorrow I'm comfortable we can get a result. I wouldn't be disappointed with a draw either.

Would love to see Llorente bang a goal in too.

I'm not not going to trawl this thread because life's too short, so apologies to the posters who made sensible remarks. I thought we were more than ok in the first half but struggled to get into our groove in the second. We held our own though and unlucky not to come away with a point. Top level football is all about fine margins and we missed out this time. What annoyed me was when the caption came up on the screen regarding what team had scored most goals in the last 10 minutes - 30 seconds later they scored! !!!!! Aaarrggghhh

Just been called into work tommorow.
1pm start.
At the start of my usual 4 month bout of insomnia.
Haven't slept for 2 days already.

We better win or I maybe getting the sack.

Fuck sake.

I know I'll probably get negged rep to shit for saying this, but results like this are why I talked of fan arrogance after the Spam game. Ok to bum out of the domestic cups because we're too good a side? Results like this prove that nothing should be taken for granted so you don't turn your nose up at any silverware. Today reminds you just how tough it is to win the PL and CL.

But Chelsea last season and Leicester the season before did better at their opponents grounds than we did.

Today a draw would have been an excellent result.

Not good enough if our ambitions are greater than top 4.

this "you have to beat your rivals away" thing.....

Last season's champions

at WHL lost 2-0
at the Emirates lost 3-0
at OT lost 2-0
at Anfield Drew 1-1
At Eithad - went 1-0 down KDB did a Ronny Rosenthal and Chelsea went on to win

1 bloody win in 5 and the won the league

Give it a fucking rest-

Oh while we're at it. Mourinho

Lost 2-0 at the Emirates
Lost 2-1 at the Lane
Drew 0-0 at the Eithad
Drew 0-0 at Anfield
Lost 4-0 (FOUR-NIL) at the bridge

Funnily enough no one won all the games away at the top sides cause we bloody well went unbeaten at the Lane

Back
Top Bottom