Your Player of the Season 2021-22?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is it then?

• Hugo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reguilon

• D Sanchez

• Royal

• Ben 'Daddy' Davies

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Romero

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Hojbjerg

• Winksy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sess

• Skippy

• Bentancur

• Kulusevski

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Sonny

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bergwijn

• Moura

• Scarlett

• Total voters
Kane for me. Yes, it's a very-very close call though between Son & Kane.
Kane has been "taken for granted" by so many but his work-rate, movement off and on the ball and all his involvements have been superb. Had he played for a club that regularly challenged for EPL & CL titles he'd been praised much more and mentioned along other world-class players more often.

Last edited:
I went with Son, he’s had some poor games (who hasn’t) but has consistently delivered for the majority of the season. Kane not showing up for months harms him. Skipp was on course to rival Son but our medical team have kidnapped him unfortunately. Romero, Dier and Davies have all performed well this season and deserve some praise also.

Gotta agree with the above. Son and I don’t think it’s even that close tbh.

Kane did well after eventually overcoming his transfer crap.

Big shout out to the impact Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski have made.

Also Ben Davies and Dier have impressed me under Conte.

So hard to call and really harsh on Eric Dier and Ben Davies but Sonny has embodied the Tottenham spirit from game 1 and signing that contract when we were at our lowest point for years just shows how much he loves the club and the fans. Son is a Spurs legend, he’s had many great seasons here but this has been his best so far, long may it continue. He has been so important this season for team spirit and performance, and what a role model for younger fans.

Who voted for winks?
Someone who knows more about football that anyone else on this site, someone who in their darkest hour is called upon by Pep and Klopp for advice, someone so fiendishly clever that he is deferred to by Niccolo macheavelli himself a man so far ahead of the game that his subterranean thinktank ( mothers basement )has become a mount Olympus of footballing enlightenment....Man who dispenses X like Zeus hurls thunderbolts.......
🤔

They weren't excellent and it ain't my Woolwich but I think it is pathetic that people can't handle others being honest about Spurs so have to result to pathetic insults rather than look at the squad honestly.
What insult? Where was the insult? I insulted Woolwich yes, not you personally. Why are you bothered that i insulted Woolwich??.....hmmmm.....🤔

Pretty easy to say Son as nobody is really close.

Kane has turned it on late but has not had near the consistency of Son. Romero has been very good surrounded by crap but hasn't player enough and even if he had not sure he passes Son. Hugo has been his usual terrific self and I think sometimes we take for granted how great he is.

Outside those 4 nobody really close. Its laughable people mention dogshit like Dier and Davies. They are terrible and should be nowhere near this team let alone mentioned in a Player of the Season thread unless to point out exactly what a Player of the Season is.
If I hadn’t just had my butt kicked and my face forced up a female bodybuilders ass, I’d tell you that i would deal with you, sonny!

Yeah I don't really get it either. Dier has been solid this season and yes he has been consistent. But he hasn't really done anything remarkable or had too many outstanding games. Just many solid 7/8 out of 10 performances which he should be praised for.

Same case with Davies and Hojbjerg really... But for the Player of the Season, you want that something extra.

Romero has had that this season, but unfortunately he has missed too many games so he is an honourable mention but not a real contender in this case.

That leaves Kane & Son. Kane had his issues at the start of the season that we are all aware off, and with this being one of Son's best seasons where he has continued to lift us when we needed and relied on him at times.. then he has to be the man that gets the award.

It’s really obvious. I feel like people wanna don’t wanna go with the blatant choice. There’s really no reasonable argument to be made that Dier has been better than Son across the season.

Son is a legitimate shout for PL player of the season ffs, let alone just Spurs!

My vote went to Dier. The switch to a back 3 has been awesome for our team and Dier is the boss. When he was injured /Covid our defence looked flaky as anything. This is Eric’s defence. I vote him for next captain.

Close 2nd is Sonny. I love his passion and his play. He has been immense this year. I loved when Harry was still down about no transfer, Sonny signed a new contract effectively taking him to the end of his career at WHL. Legend.

3rd goes to Hugo. Best keeper in the PL this year. Distribution remains suspects but if you want someone to save a shot that would otherwise be a goal, Hugo is the man. i Would love to see a statistical comparison of his shot stopping this year v other Keepers.

Honourable mentions to Kane, Davies, Romero, and Kulu

Back
Top Bottom