Your Player of the Season 2021-22?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is it then?

• Hugo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reguilon

• D Sanchez

• Royal

• Ben 'Daddy' Davies

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Romero

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Hojbjerg

• Winksy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sess

• Skippy

• Bentancur

• Kulusevski

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Sonny

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bergwijn

• Moura

• Scarlett

• Total voters
It's currently nip & tuck between Sonny and Romero. Another 50 votes and Romero's got him.

Ha ha, Dier and Davies were excellent against your Woolwich the other day fella.....your fuckin team were the dogshit..

They weren't excellent and it ain't my Woolwich but I think it is pathetic that people can't handle others being honest about Spurs so have to result to pathetic insults rather than look at the squad honestly.

Why do you even bother? I bet there isn’t one poster on this site that listens to a word you say..
You’re a complete idiot who has no idea about football in general let alone Spurs.

Completely wrong about the second part and based on the numerous responses I get wrong about the first part as well.
'

What insult? Where was the insult? I insulted Woolwich yes, not you personally. Why are you bothered that i insulted Woolwich??.....hmmmm.....🤔

You said “your Woolwich” to me if you are now trying to pretend that wasn’t meant as insult I guess you can go that route but pretty clear that’s BS.

But Son has been the box office magic and has delivered since match day 1. A couple of poor runs of form in between but he’s been productive across the season.
This is the thing - he has had some very poor form at points of the season. That doesn't mean he's not our best player this season - but it's not as clear-cut as you make out, and I'm not sure why you seem to want to deny anyone having a different view to yours. :/ It's hard to deny that there are others who have been more consistent.

EDIT: I'd also say that, whilst he was missing in the early part of the season, Kane has put in some absolutely sublime performances in the second half of the season, and Kane at his best has been a million miles better than Sonny at his best - in my opinion of course. ;)

Dier has been a 7 out of 10 just about every game. He's been more solid than any of us could ever have expected.

Son's overall stats are great. But he's had a few games this season where he was absolutely appalling, and those stick in my mind.

Based on consistency over the season it's Eric Dier all day, every day for me. And I wanted him gone a long time ago.

Whilst this maybe true those appaling games are countered with the fact that when he's been on it he's been absolutely sensational so it balances out for me.

I think it's harder for an attacking player to stay more consistent than a defender - look at Salah, Ronaldo and De Bruyne this season for example.

Strange season as we could get 71 pts and yet i dont feel anyone has been outstanding all season but players have played their part at various times like Skipp first half of the season, Romero second half, Kane had a great spell Feb to April. Overall i think Son is the right choice with Dier and Davies probably 2nd and 3rd.

For me, Son has only given us what we expect from him, because he's a world-class player. He hasn't given any more than that and has in fact had quite a few really bad games this season where he stunk the place out. Dier and even Davies under Conte have exceeded expectations.

If he can stay fit, I think Romero will be our player of the season in the next campaign.

I thought I was going to be in the minority voting for Kulu lol.
I think he has turned our season around tbh. He has so much more impact on games than Moura and Bergwjin and releases Kane and Son to attack/score
You are.

Was expecting Kane or Son to be leading the race but didn’t expect massive lead for Son.

He’s been sublime for us this season but he still had his streak where he contributed absolutely nothing in games, and I personally still think he should’ve been dropped for a game or two while Bergwijn put in that amazing Leicester performance .

Player of the year is about consistency for me

You can set a poll to show who voted. Not sure if you can edit it that way though after the event.

Lol, I didn't realise it was Son way out ahead directly below him.
Had a look - can't see any way of changing it now. Maybe the guilty party will do the decent thing and reveal him/herself?

Back
Top Bottom