Your Player of the Season 2021-22?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is it then?

• Hugo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reguilon

• D Sanchez

• Royal

• Ben 'Daddy' Davies

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Romero

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Hojbjerg

• Winksy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sess

• Skippy

• Bentancur

• Kulusevski

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Sonny

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bergwijn

• Moura

• Scarlett

• Total voters
This is quite tricky.

For overall most consistently improved player I’d personally be leaning Dier. He’s been able to put in some great defensive shifts over the last few years but they always came with a game where he would make a brain dead mistake.
Since Conte took over he’s effectively dropped that trait entirely, and picked up some great calming leaderships skills in return.
Never thought that I’d see him being the player holding that back line together.

Then on the other hand we’ve got Kulu, a player who’s made such a big impact since he signed with us in January.

Notable mentions for Lloris for saving our ass in more than a few games this season. As well as Davies, the player most would consider the weakest link in our current starting back 3, but a player who’s been very consistent throughout Contes tenure.

why even Poll, obvious choice
Sorry mate.

giphy.gif

Torn....

- Dier & Davies deserve huge recognition.
- Harry & Sonny up there as always.
- Romero & Kulu have made a huge difference but missed too many games to figure, I guess.

I think Sonny all the way. So much class and quality and I love the humbleness.

Romero, Kulu, and Bentacur have had a great impact but just haven’t played enough. Next season will be exciting for the three of them.

Honourable mentions for Dier, Davis, Hoijberg, Hugo and Kane. Dier has really grown into his position as centre of the three CBs to the point where I think his position is safe for next year. Hoijberg as well has been Mr. Consistent all season. He has a ceiling which is lower than others in the team but always gives it his all, has a great attitude and has been very solid in his position.

Not saying I disagree with Son as the obvious choice at all, just trying to provide some balance... There were plenty on here in Jan (I think) saying that Son needs to be dropped for a couple of games as he looked so off form and ineffective. As I say, that's not me, I never wanted him to be dropped, but we can't pretend he has been consistently great all season (no one has). Personally I think the poll gives a sensible representation of what I'd expect people's view to be - i.e. Dier has been solid, Kane is obviously a much better player than Son overall, Romero has looked incredible in the parts of the season he has played, etc, so a few people here and there are voting for players other than Son, but he is taking by far the lion's share of the vote. You can't expect 100% of fans to concentrate only on players who score goals and get assists, and they do of course have every right to their opinion too.

This is the thing - he has had some very poor form at points of the season. That doesn't mean he's not our best player this season - but it's not as clear-cut as you make out, and I'm not sure why you seem to want to deny anyone having a different view to yours. :/

EDIT: I'd also say that, whilst he was missing in the early part of the season, Kane has put in some absolutely sublime performances in the second half of the season, and Kane at his best has been a million miles better than Sonny at his best - in my opinion of course. ;)

People are allowed a different opinion, but my view is simply that it's very clear cut. Son is our only play nominated for PL player of the season for a reason. Everyone in our squad has had plenty of bad games/poor runs of form, but Son has banged them in all season. The man scored home & away vs Liverpool and City ffs, he's been a difference maker whereas Dier or Davies have been solid cogs in the machine.

I love Kane, I think he's our best player. But he effectively took a big part of the season off and that rules him out for me.

One thing this has made me think about is how important fitness and not being injured is. If you where to ask me who has been in the games they played the best I would be tempted to say both Romero and Skipp over Son and Kane at least in terms of pure consistency but Romero and in particularly Skipp have had a nightmare when it comes to injuries and thus I can’t vote for either of them.

For all that Hojbjerg gets derided he is constantly available and able to give 110%. Even if he isn’t first 11 next season he can be like a Milner for us, someone dependable to use even if it’s from the bench. All very well having 11 Romero level players but if they are injured all the time it fucks it up.

The POTY has to have played most games.

Sonny by a mile.

Honourable mentions to Dier, Davies, Romero, Hugo .

"Most improved" badge to Doherty since Conte.

Skipp, Deki and Bentancur are the potential future favourites.

Kane majestic at times but misses out for the transfer saga and poor start.

Kane for me. Yes, it's a very-very close call though between Son & Kane.
Kane has been "taken for granted" by so many but his work-rate, movement off and on the ball and all his involvements have been superb. Had he played for a club that regularly challenged for EPL & CL titles he's been praised much more.
I can agree on Kane, yes it took him time to get over the non-transfer but so would i if it was expecting Pep but got Nuno
also many on here still may want to beat Kane because he wanted go and win things

Back
Top Bottom