Your Player of the Season 2021-22?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is it then?

• Hugo

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Doherty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reguilon

• D Sanchez

• Royal

• Ben 'Daddy' Davies

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Dier

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • Romero

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Hojbjerg

• Winksy

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Sess

• Skippy

• Bentancur

• Kulusevski

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Sonny

Votes: 127 76.5%
  • Harry

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Bergwijn

• Moura

• Scarlett

• Total voters
Didn't even have to think about it
come on you spurs son heung min GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Main reasons:-
1. Has shown incredible loyalty to us when things weren't going well.
2. Even when he wasn't playing particularly well, he was still pitching in with goals.
3. He is one of the most humble, down to earth individuals in a sport that's littered with egoists and bellends.
4. He's all about the Team.
5. Other players have have had great games/patches, but Sonny has been our most consistent player throughout the season.
6. In previous years when he's won it, thought it was maybe not deserved as much, but this season, it's a no-brainer, in my humble opinion.

Hear hear!

Someone who knows more about football that anyone else on this site, someone who in their darkest hour is called upon by Pep and Klopp for advice, someone so fiendishly clever that he is deferred to by Niccolo macheavelli himself a man so far ahead of the game that his subterranean thinktank ( mothers basement )has become a mount Olympus of footballing enlightenment....Man who dispenses X like Zeus hurls thunderbolts.......
🤔
It may actually have been Pep. He has all the judgement of a video game manager

Pretty easy to say Son as nobody is really close.

Kane has turned it on late but has not had near the consistency of Son. Romero has been very good surrounded by crap but hasn't player enough and even if he had not sure he passes Son. Hugo has been his usual terrific self and I think sometimes we take for granted how great he is.

Outside those 4 nobody really close. Its laughable people mention dogshit like Dier and Davies. They are terrible and should be nowhere near this team let alone mentioned in a Player of the Season thread unless to point out exactly what a Player of the Season is.

Son all day long. Has been a bit inconsistent and poor in some patches, but has still scored the goals and has found form at the vital time.

Plus with Salah seemingly injured, the golden boot is there for the winning!

Son for me. Out of every ex-professional pundits out there (there are so many these days), it was ironically Matthew Upson who got it right when he recently said on Sky that Son’s not been interested by other clubs to everyone’s wonder because of his known unwavering loyalty to Spurs (along with the fact that he has renewed his contract in advance, which is a testament in itself); that he values winning something one day with THIS club much more than joining clubs like City or Real Madrid that will just hand a trophy to him.

79,3% has gone for the "blatant choice". Others may vote in jest, or to give a "shoutout" to someone they see as deserving of credit after a great season.

I agree that Son has been excellent and that he probably deserves to be named poty.

However, I personally voted for Hugo who I think is and has been a fantastic, crucially important, and underrated by many, captain, leader, and goalkeeper and star player for us. Previous years he's been getting some hate for making some costly and silly mistakes. This season he's been rock solid.

Other people deserve shouts for the season they’ve had for sure. Dier & Davies for example deserve lots of credit for the season they’ve had.

But Son has been the box office magic and has delivered since match day 1. A couple of poor runs of form in between but he’s been productive across the season.

Lloris has been great lately but had a really dodgy period even this season where people were questioning him. Has really recovered though.

People are allowed a different opinion, but my view is simply that it's very clear cut. Son is our only play nominated for PL player of the season for a reason. Everyone in our squad has had plenty of bad games/poor runs of form, but Son has nailed it for us this season. the man scored home & away vs Liverpool and City ffs, he's been a difference maker whereas Dier or Davies have been solid cogs in the machine.

I love Kane, I think he's our best player. But he effectively took a big part of the season off and that rules him out for me.
Fair enough - for you it's clear cut, for me and a few other less so - we're all entitled to our opinions. Machines don't work if the cogs don't simply do their jobs week in week out - it's not all about the glory, the glory only happens if the cogs do their jobs, and those who do so consistently are often worth their weight in gold. ;) Don't get me wrong, Son is probably just about POTS for me too, but I can absolutely understand and respect the few people giving their vote to others.

Not trying to be argumentative btw - just trying to understand everyone's POV. :)

Last edited:
I thought I was going to be in the minority voting for Kulu lol.
I think he has turned our season around tbh. He has so much more impact on games than Moura and Bergwjin and releases Kane and Son to attack/score

Back
Top Bottom